Chapter 37(Unedited)

Lia.

"Ezron it's suppose to be a day off and you are still hitting the keys on your laptop,what's the difference then?You should be resting and not working in front of your screen.Its already more than one hour and why haven't you drunk the juice?"I had spatula in one hand and the other resting on my hips as I narrowed my eyes at the stubborn man in front of me.He only had a 30 mins nap sometimes after the lunch and has been working since he woke up.He is not suppose to be infront of the screen but resting in the bed.I literally had to force him in the morning to take a leave.But now he is all typing away.He just had a high fever yesterday and now that he feels a little better,he thinks it is fit to work.Eventhough he still has bags under his eyes.

"And what should I do if not this?"He asked looking at me over his shoulder.I opened my mouth to say the words but he cuts me off"And don't say rest,because I am seriously fucking annoyed hearing you say that.I think I've had enough rest for the lifetime.Also did that meditation you had asked me to do,so I am not going to do any other weird activity. "He went back to his work.God he looks hot evenwhile working but that does not mean I am not going to stop him.

"Actually you can keep me company in the kitchen.You know how bored I am,I don't have anyone to talk to except you"I try to trick him.

"So you can talk my ears off?No"He continues without looking back.

"Please and aren't you my friend?So we should have conversations to develop this new friendship"

"We are already having one"Yeah smartbutt.

"Ezron"I say in a singsong way to tell him I am not going to let this go.

He pauses and frustratingly rubs his palm on the face before closing his laptop and stood up facing me with a blank expression.Yes!

"You are taking this friendship shit seriously?"He asks walking at me near the dining table.Now its my to give him a blank expression.

I don't answer that and walk back in the kitchen to prepare the cake batter,I left it halfway.Ezron took the sit on the chair across the counter staring at me.He was fortunately not half naked like everyday.He had a t-shirt and sweats on but still that doesn't hide his tight body and nor his scars.Lia focus!I go back to the work in hand.

"Why are you baking this cake for that asshole?"He questions as I put the cake in the oven.I set the temperature and turn around to answer him.

"Mason is not that,he is sweet."I wipe my hand before bending to take out all the ingredients I need for frosting.

"Tell me how exactly is he sweet and please can you stand straight"What?And why does his voice sounds strained?I immediately stand straight with few ingredients in my hand anf a confused expression.His eyes intense as I felt myself a bit nervous under it.I kept everything on the counter and got my confidence together.

"Well he is getting me my favourite icecream as a gesture of gratitude eventhough I asked him not to."I answer with a sweet smile.His eyes get hard at my words.Why is he angry now?

Placing the bowl on the counter,I mix the cream and powdered sugar.

"I can get you one too."I look up at Ezron who had his arms crossed in a defensive position.Is he being competitive?

"Ok,more icecreams for me"I smiled at him as his mouth gape a little with a scowl at my response.Before he furthers comments and get more angry I ask him a question to distract him.

"How did you both met?"I try distracting him.

He still looked at me with a glare.Ok!
I add the melted chocolate into the mix and start to beat into the mix.