Chapter 36 (Unedited)

Lia.

Nothing could upset me more than ignorance by him.Why is he always pushing me away?His scars are still not healed how can he go anywhere.He still needs rest.How can one forget their wounds just to ignore the other person.After that night the next morning I woke up and he wasn't in bed,worriedly I searched the whole house but he wasn't anywhere to be found.Where must he have gone?After that night's incident I was scared to loose him out of sight.Frantically I called him up but he didn't answered and he was not even in his office,now that had got me worked up even more,I didn't knew whom to call and at one point I even thought of calling the cops but that would cause a big havoc.Just then Mason's name popped in my mind and I called him up.On asking he answered that Ezron is busy with some work somewhere and would take some days,I let out a sigh of relief on that.Mason still didn't tell me where Ezron was exactly but I was relieved that he was safe.

And now I am waiting here looking at my cellphone hoping that atleast he would answer my phone.I have sent him many messages and voicemails from the past two days but no answers.
His scars aren't even fully healed.He always tends to do this,hide away and ignore me.I felt we were progressing but when I take 2 steps ahead he pushes me 10 steps back.

And it's like a circle,no end.My thought process was interrupted with the sound of engine.My eyes widened and heart raced,it that Ezron?I immediately rushed at the door and before the knock I opened it.Ezron is here but the big smile on my face faded at his disheveled state,his shirt half in-half out,hair messy and unkempt,what happened?Behind him stood a huge man with straight face towering over Ezron too.Ezron moved passed me and the man went away.I turned around as Ezron moved towards the stairs.

"Where were you?" I asked walking towards him but he kept climbing the stairs ignoring me.

"I tried calling you multiple times,even left messages and voicmails,why didn't you answer any of those.Are you fine?"I rushed up the stairs too,his shoulder a bit slumped but he still didn't answer me.

"Ezron why are you ignoring me?"I held his wrist as he stopped and turned towards me.Why are his hands burning up ?Oh my god.

Before he could say anything I moved close and checked his forehead.Shit he is burning up.He has fever.Now that I look at his face,it has definitely lost some colors and there are eyebags under his eyes too.

"Leave my hands Lia"He said without grunting or yelling.His voice low as if lost all energy.

"Ezron you have fever"I stated holding his hand and walking towards our bedroom.He didn't reply anything I glanced back and his eyes were droopy.
Fortunately we reached the bed and he sat on it.He was half unconscious but somehow I supported his shoulder and opened the buttons of his to get it off.His scars are still fresh.Why does this man never cares for himself.I pushed his shoulder to let him lay on his back.I've lost the counts on how many times I have done this.I glanced down at the pants,his thigh is still wounded,I need to take that off.

I remember there was a thermometer somewhere in the drawer.Quickly I got it and came back to the bed.His eyes were now closed.God where did he go and was he working continuously?

"Ezron"I softly patted his cheeks to wake him up.
"Ezron"His eyes flutter half open.
"Open your mouth"I held his jaw hovering above him.As he opened his mouth I put the thermometer in and waited for a minute before pulling it out.Shit.104.4°F,this is really high,how did he work in such condition with his injury and everything.Oh god,I need to call the doctor.I tried to find his doctor's number but they weren't anywhere to be found,eventually I ended up calling Doctor Veronica.She also handles this cases.

I quickly got cold water and added some salt into it to reduce the temperature as much as possible.As I sat down and looked at his now pale face,I felt my heart constricted his lips now dry and eyes as if sunken.Tears well up in my eyes looking at his face.Its as if in two days he has lost weight.I dipped the cloth in the water and placed it on his forehead,he shivered a little.I covered him up with blanket careful with the wounds.Did he want to ignore me?Was that why he decided to shove himself in work without caring about his health?What is he running away from?