Chapter 38(Unedited)

Ezron.

Acting like a fucking puppy.Yes that's what I am doing for the past 1 month.Obeying every order or more like disguised requests.Whether its going grocery shopping or meditation every day,I am doing it all.We have settled in a schedule starting with meditation and a delicious healthy breakfast.She said it will help me manage my temper and relax my mind.Honestly it is some what helpful.I don't feel the agitation to do anything drastic all the time.I don't feel crawling out of my skin.I can't believe I was fucking willing to try this.Live without alcohol,without being angry all the time.Even people around are shocked to see me not shouting all the time in the office.What magic is that woman doing?My thought goes back to how I have grown used to her being around me.She is more playful around me.Talking with me about everything and anything.

Few months ago if someone would have told me that I will be eager to get back to home,I would have fucking punched that person but look at me.Here I am waiting to get done with the work so I could return back home.

Home.

When did it become a home?Before her it was just a place I lived in to sleep,drink and fuck but now it has all changed.I never really had home before,not even when I stayed with Lucas.

When did this happen?Me,a nothing normal person trying to live a normal life.Going home to a fucking sweet wife,living a normal schedule.No drinking till I pass out nor cutting till I don't feel any pain.If anything all I do is think how she smells or how her mouth falls open if I ever crack a joke.I never thought I would take this step towards brightness because wasn't it destined for me to doom in my darkness.

Until that night when she saw me in that vulnerable state but still took care of a weakling like me,cleaned my mess and everything.I didn't wanted to see the pity in her eyes the next morning I wake up,so I did what I am best at.I ran and disappeared to the warehouse and worked on Lucas's case to search that bastard.I wanted to forget about the night and worked without sleeping.If it was not for Mason who forced me to go back to the mansion,I would have avoided to go anytime soon.But then I fell ill and she took care of me again.How much longer will she able to do this?She looked after me everyday and even forced me to take fucking days off.4 days at that.Its not like I have never been ill before,I have but no one was there to take care of me until her.I know she worries about me alot.I don't know why but she does even when I have been nothing but a jerk to her.

There was a different fear in me.For the first time I was fucking scared for someone,for her.She had already seen what a fucked up person I am.I didn't wanted to drag her along in my mess.I suggested a fucking divorce but that stubborn woman refused.I wanted her to leave this life but she has been determined to stay with me from day one.I don't know why would she do that but at that moment something felt familiar.Lucas had done the same,never left me.That night when I asked her to leave,her green orbs became darker as if fire lit up in them and fuck me but now that I think of it,I've never found someone hot when they are angry but her.She even convinced an asshole like me to give the chance even after the warning I gave.She must know what she is going to deal with.Somewhere a small part of me wanted to do this,to be with her.Just to be selfish this time.To take up the chance without thinking.There is something to take up this chance and live while I still can before everything will be taken away from.

The ringing of my phone brought me out of my thoughts.I glanced at the ID and my lips threatened to curve up.

"Hello"The angelic voice spoke from the other side and I recollected my thoughts before answering.

"Yes"

"Are you going to be late tonight?"She asked softly.

"No"I want to come home early as much as possible.