Chapter 24

Lia.

It feels so amazing to be back to my little shop again.The smell of books.Eva brewing a coffee behind the counter.Attending the customers.I was not surprised that many of them congratulated me and complimented how much fortunate was I to marry a successful man.Honestly I am trying to avoid thinking about him as much as possible only limiting myself to think of way to solve the issues I have to help him out with.No feelings.Absolutely no feelings.I have already consulted few doctors about his condition.I know I should've asked him first but he is totally against medications as Mama had mentioned earlier.The doctor recommended me to observe his behaviour and not let him lose his temper as much as possible.Also I referred few books about the same,as to how I can help him manage his anger.I hope one day I could convince him to take medical help.

Focusing back on my work,I continued with the day.Glancing at the corner I saw Marco standing in one.I have barely convinced him to atleast let me visit my shop till Ezron is back.The professional that he hired had done a good job to maintain the shop.I even had ordered him to take the leave.Wanting to feel those days again.

●●●

It was soon evening and Eva had already left as there were barely 2-3 customers sitting here and there.Breaking me from my work was the chime of the bell.

I turned around only to be surprised that it was Jake.
"Hello Lia"
I smiled at him.
"Oh Hi Jake,have you come to order a book again?"I said moving at the counter.

"I wish but no, actually I was passing by and saw you in the shop so thought why not treat you with the dinner that I still owe you."He said grinning at me.

"Thanks Jake but I -I need to get home early."I said glancing at the time.
"Oh come on Lia just one dinner with me won't take a lot of your time or do you have another plan with your husband."He said uncomfortably glancing at my ring.

"No,he is not in the city"I said softly averting my gaze fidgeting with my ring.

"Then you should definitely have dinner with me.You could atleast use  some company."He said insisting me and I didn't had the heart to say no to him.So I nodded towards him as he went outside to ready his car.

I walked up to Marco to inform him about the change of plans.And also asked him to go home and not tag along,I don't want Jake to feel uncomfortable.He nodded his head and went away.

Now here I am sitting in front of Jake in a restaurant not very far from my shop.He was telling me about his years in Germany while I told him about mine here.The food was good.Our conversation was good,I enjoyed having a casual dinner with a friend.It relaxed me.I didn't knew when we got carried away and it was already three hours since we came.I was going to catch a cab but Jake insisted to drop me off at the mansion.

"Woah,you have a really big mansion there Lia"Jake said stopping the car in front of the gate.As I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Yeah and thankyou for the ride"I said gratefully smiling at him.

He took hold of my hand and squeezed it.
"My pleasure"He said smiling at me retracting his hand back.

I greeted the guards and walked up to the door.But as soon I entered the whole mansion seemed cold,as if the atmosphere had dropped down.

"How was your date Mrs.Stone?"That familiar voice that haven't left my thoughts since I came back resounded through the walls.I turned around to see a dark figure sitting in a corner at the bar counter.

He's back

My jumbled mind stated.I could see the outline of his muscled body in the dark.He stood up and slowly came into light with his menacing glare connecting tomine  making me invisibly tremble.And in seconds he was in front of me standing in a thread distance,I could feel his breath on my face a mix of alcohol and usual cologne.

"Yo-You are back"I said back trying to cover up my shocked expression with a smile.

He raised his one eyebrow pressing himself more to me as I tried to back away but his hand snaked my back making my breath heavy.

"And you don't seem happy about it wife"He said in a deep voice.

"You didn't answer my question"He stated whispering near my ear after few seconds of my silence.

And as if my mind had come to its consciousness as the image of him and that woman flashed back burning my heart.I pushed him away with an unknown force as he stumbled back not expecting it.

"Why do you care?"I asked him in the eye about the former question he asked me.

He looked at me with angered filled eyes and gripped my forearm pulling me close.

"Because you are my fucking wife"He wispered strainedly on my face.

"Not when you were on the bed with another women"I said shakily as an uncontrolled tear slipped my eyes.

For one moment I saw his gaze softened but soon it vanished and was replaced with a hard glare.I don't want to argue when he is again on his alcohol and lose his temper more than it already is.Shrugging his hold softly I side stepped and was about to step on the staircase when his next line stopped me dead in my tracks.

"I never-I never slept with her or anyone else for that matter since marriage"He said inaudibly but I could here it through the silence.I turned around and walked closer to him.His words still ringing in my ears.

"But weren't you the one who said that this marraige means nothing to you"I said with pain in my voice.

He stepped forward again pulling me closer giving me shivers to my core as I could feel every taut muscle beneath his thin shirt.
"Yeah but I've realized what I can get from here why to go anywhere else"As soon those words slipped his mouth a slap resonated the whole house as I covered my mouth with my hand.Shocked with my own act.He was still holding his left cheek with his hand as he turned around with enormous fire in his eyes but that didn't scare me as I was carried away with my own emotion.

"NO.No I am not going to be one of your common bedwarmers.I refuse to be."I said back confidently.I won't let him treat disrespectfully.

He stepped forward with a rage in his grey eyes darkening.Reaching my eye level he spoke the words.
"But you are not.You are my wife" He said as if its suppose to mean something to him.I looked at him incredulously.

"You didn't meant that on the first day of our marraige.I accepted that.I am just here to help you in this unwilling marraige you very clearly stated"I said back.Where am I getting this word from ,is it because the anger I had towards him after days of calling,texting and trying to reach out to him that were never answered.Despite his act I tried reaching out.But all he did was ignore.

A harsh grip on my elbows brought me back to the situation as I winced.
"You want to fucking help huh?Listen here there is nothing that can help me.You fucking understood that.Lets see how are you fucking going to do this"He said chuckling sarcastically and walked away as I stood there numb.

Did I made the situation worse?
_________________________________________

Happy Reading.Please vote and comment.

Stay safe.
Stay healthy.
-Pihu☆