Chapter 44 (Unedited)

Lia.

"Ok now its getting creepy" My smile widens a bit more "Will you just tell me why are you smiling like you just met your favourite author?"

I put the bunch of books down on the table and sigh dreamily at the flash of his lips in my mind. God, I am such a love sick puppy.

"Liaaaaaa..." Amanda's voice takes me out the misery.

"No there is nothing as such. I am just happy." I sought out the books and start stamping the review notes by customers.

" I've been here from the last 2 hours and either you zone out of the conversation or smile creepily. It's getting me worried." Her eyebrows furrowed but after a second it immediately widened in shocked.

"Did you do drugs?" I look at her in horror.

"N-No, why would you say such-"

"Then spill." She ordered in a no nonsense tone.

Guess I have to tell her. I lean closer and took a deep breath. This is so hard to say.

"I-I k-kissed him." My face grew hotter inspite of the cool weather around us.

"Who?" I look at her deadpanned. Who does she think I have kissed?

"Ezron."

"Oh my gosh, fucking finally you both kissed." Her lips stretched ear to ear.

"How was it? Did he taste nice?"

"Yes it was amaz-" My eyes widened  "What the hell Amanda?"

" Goodness Lia, its so easy to tease you." She laughed off as I can feel myself blush.

"Are you happy with him?" She asked after moment of sobering up.

I glanced up and truthfully answered.
"I am." She smiled gently squeezing my hand.

"I love him." Her eyes widened.

"You sure?" She leaned closer, gazing at me with seriousness. I nodded trying to keep my smile within the confines of my face.

She stood up and squealed loudly catching everyone's attention and immediately rushed towards me pulling me up, hugging the life out of me. A laugh bubbled out of me.

"I am so happy for you babe." She backed a bit looking at me with a big smile of her own.

"Finally after so much suffering, you've found love." Her eyes teared up a bit and mine too.

Amanda has always been my rock through everything. She tried protecting me with all she had. She felt it personal to take care of me. She is family to me.

"Ok ok that's enough or you'll get your eyes and nose all red." She wiped off the little tear "I have no interest in facing your husband's wrath."

"Shut up." I collected the books and walked to the shelves as Amanda trailed behind me with the plate of cookies. How does she still manages to stay fit is beyond me.

"Did you confess to him yet?" I stiffen at her question and swallowed hard before facing her.

"No I -um its- its just hard right now."

"Sweetie its fine, confess it to him whenever you feel is the right time." She squeezed my shoulder. Yes I definitely need more time.

"By the way I have one more question." I rearranged the last book and nodded at her to continue.

" Did you two got down dirty after the kiss?"

My jaws dropped at her balant question but soon few images of her question flashed in my mind and I immediately shook my head.