Chapter 10

Lia.

I was busy peparing table for the breakfast and mama was busy knitting sweater for James even though Lauren said he already had one but mama was persistent in making one as she is always home because Ezron has ordered her to stay home and rest.Now that she was home and Lauren also had to go back to work,Mama offered baby sitting him for the time being until they hire a new nanny.

Mama has grown attached to that munchkin in small span of time.She loves knitting and so decided to make something for James.

"Mama come for breakfast"I said bringing out the vegetable sandwiches,pancakes and orange juice.

Mama took her seat alongside me.

"So how was your date yesterday?"She asked while cutting her pancake.

I choked on the drink I was having and started coughing but soon Mama rubbed my back and passed me a glass of water.

"Dear be careful"She said gently
I nodded my head and wiped my mouth turning towards her.
"It was good"I said smilingly to not let her suspect anything.

She smiled at me and went back to eating again.

Soon I gave medicines to mama and left for the shop.I was about to cross the road when I heard a voice behind me.

"Excuse me Ms.Lia"Said the man in front of me,I have seen him somewhere.

"I am Robin,your new driver.Mr Stone has given me the order to drive you anywhere you want."

I was suprised to see such a gesture by Ezron but I cannot trouble this old man if I am capable to travel by myself.

"Mr.Robin it pleasure to meet you and thankyou but I cannot accept this."I said smilingly.

He shooked his head
"Sorry miss but its an order."He said in monotonous tone.
I was about to argue but stopped my self remembering my feet still hurts and decided to take the lift for now.I think I should talk to Ezron about this.

Getting out of the car I thanked Robin and saved his number as he had gave me to pick me up.

Opening the shop I started doing the usual task,not soon enough did the shop started getting busy as it was already Friday and soon Eva came and we continued doing our usual work.

It was not until lunch time did I get a call from mama.Soon I was answering the call sitting on one of the chair.
"Hello"I greeted.

"Oh Lia why did you not tell me that you and Ezron have already decided the date.Oh my god I have so much to do and there is so less time and-"she continued but I couldn't hear anything else as I was suprised what date is she talking about "I have a friend of mine to select your gown an-"

I interrupted"Mama what date are you talking about?"

She hushed me in a no nonsense voice
"Lia you don't need to keep this suprise anymore,Ezron has already told me that you both are going to marry next tuesday."

But next tuesday I have a book launch in my store and I had also told Ezron about the same then why?

"Bu-But Mama"I started but she interrupted with a squeal.
"Oh my angel I am so much happy for you both,ok I'll hang up now"
And before I could continue she disconnected the call.

I sat there for few minutes trying to process everything.

Why did Ezron decided this date for wedding?
Did he forget that I have a book launch.Ofcourse he must have as he had also drank yesterday so maybe.
I should probably go right now and talk before mama starts the wedding preparations.