Chapter 8

Lia.

Sitting with the book on the counter and reading the same line from past 10 minutes didn't help me worry anyless about the dinner I have with Mr.Stone.Thankgod Amanda is not here right now or else she would have freaked out with excitement.

Really I am not even closed to excited and hell alot of nervous about it.Eva has already asked me many times that if there is something that is worrying me,that kid has a heart of gold and completing high school with odd jobs is a real struggle.

The day was going on with usual work and customers.People who come here want to get lost in the world of books and forget everything about whatever happening in this world.For many of them this is their rescue place and I am one of them too.Passing through a book section my eyes went to the table I have kept the paper bag on which Mama gave me or more like shoved it my way.
I remember in morning we had an argument about what I would wear for dinner.I told her my casual dress would work but she said that its my first time and I should be wearing a gown,but I have never worn a gown and I do not even have one so after alot of negotiation we settled on a knee length floral print navy blue dress with my flats because heels are not something I would wear.

After few hours it was already close to 6 and I had already sent Eva home early.Mama informed that Mr.Stone will pick me up directly from here.

I went at the back and put on the dress and just brushed my hair into a loose ponytail and a bit of lip balm.

I heard the chime of the bell and came out looking confused.
Did I forget to put the closed sign?

It was Jake at the door but what is he doing here right now.
He smiled at me but his eyes widened looking at me fully.
"Hey Lia ..oh wow you look pretty right now."
I just ducked my head down not used to the compliment.
"Um thankyou,did you need something?Did your order reached you properly?If not I can rectify it or help you out?"I questioned.

He just came closer and said
"Just chill Lia and yeah the books was delivered perfectly and I just came by to thankyou and ask maybe I could treat you with a dinner but I guess you are going somewhere else today and maybe next time I could give my treat "He said sincerely with hope.

Smiling at my long lost friend I just nodded towards him
"Yeah sure and maybe we could catch up on our old times."I said
He looked at me mischievously and said.
"And we could reminisce the time when you tripped on a pen with a plate of pasta smacking right on your face."

My eyes widened that he still remembered that and thinking about it made me clutch my stomach as we both burst out laughing but our laugh was soon cut out by a throat clearing came by the door.

We both stopped and turned towards the door when suddenly the atmosphere turned out cold.Looking straight at us was Mr.Stone staring at us more specifically at Jake whose hand was on my shoulder and I moved walked towards Mr.Stone.

"Hello Mr.Stone"I said smiling at him but his eyes were fixed on Jake who came in front of us and turned toward me.

"I guess you are going with him"He said awkwardly.To break the awkwardness I decide to introduce him.

I turned towards Mr.Stone who looked at me slightly.
"Mr.Stone this is Jake,my friend snd Jake this Mr.Stone..um"I continued not knowing what to say when suddenly Mr.Stone came closer by my side and snaked his hand to my waist making me still and stopping my breath.

"Her fiancee"He said gruffly in his deep voice that can shiver  to anyone.And looking at Jake I guess even he felt that.

Jake just said a pleasantry in shaky voice and turned towards me.
"I will see you later munchkin and don't forget about the next dinner plan"

I just waved and looked at his retreating back wondering about the nickname he used to call me in school times but soon the tightens around my waist snapped my attention and I turned towards him.

"I am outside"He said that in his deep voice again with his breath reaching my face because of the closeness.And just like that he stormed out slamming the door.

Not to make him wait anymore or more like anger him,I closed the shop and went to seat on the car which by the looks of it looks expensive and I am afraid I might ruin the seat that might cost me my two months profit.

Soon I buckled up and he started the car while I just looked at him.He is really beautiful and now that I notice he has a little scar near his eyebrow but it is not visible much because of the thickness of his brows.I looked at his hand that were holding the steering wheel tightly till his knuckles were white and I think I might have anger him.

"Sorry"I just said meekly but he did not respond to me nor turned towards me and looked ahead with his eyes sat in a glare.

After a while the silence started getting uncomfortable and I dared to ask
"Can I turn the radio?"He did not respond again but just speeded up.I guess that's a no so I continued looking out of the window.

Soon we reached the restaurant and we got out not expecting him to open my side of door.

He walked ahead of me with that dominance while I followed him inside.Looking at the restaurant it is very posh and people inside also have dressed up stylishly and expensively.Now looking down at my dress,I think that I am undressed now.

I didn't realize that I had stopped walking until Mr.Stone came back and kept his hand on my back urging me to walk ahead.

We were then taken to the VIP section but I couldn't help but fiddle with my dress as people looked at me and frowned while few sent nasty glares towards me.

I know I am not the usual type of girl Mr.Stone would go out with but people should not be so judgemental.The squeeze on my waist made me jump and I turned to Mr.Stone gazing down at me.

"Do not think about them,your dress is fine atleast better than those casual dress you wear that reveals too much."

I just looked at him and nodded.Soon we were seated and handed a menu which has dishes probably names I haven't heard of and I was nervous again knowing that I was going to make a fool out of myself in front of Mr.Stone.Finally I saw a simple salad in the menu and sighed in relief.

I looked up at him only to see him looking at me intently and I wonder what he must be thinking but the waiter soon caught his attention and I orderes the salad but Mr.Stone looked incredulously at me and ordered the same dishes for him and myself

"But its fine I am-"I started but was cut off.
"Shut up"He said glaringly and I did just that to not anger him any further.Since I am going to live with him so I must atleast try to get to know him.
So I decided to question.
"So what is your favourite colour?"I asked him almost hoping to take my words back to ask such stupid question.

He just looked at me boredly and went back to working on his phone.I think it is better to shut my mouth.

After few minutes our food arrived and soon we started eating in silence when suddenly he took hold of my hand and my eyes widened.

But he was glaring at me hard.
"What the fuck was that boy doing with you and why does he have you nicknamed?"

I just couldn't form any word as he squeezed my hand harder.
"Do you like that prick?" He asked again  angrily.

This time I answered him and tried smiling.
"No,if I would have liked him than I won't be sitting here with you and even before that Mama would have sent him running for hills with her questions"I said laughingly and his grip loosened up a bit and his lip tilted up a bit almost in a smile and said "Yeah that she would" but suddenly he stopped and his expression changed into a painful one then into a glare as if almost angry at himself for smiling.

He stood up along with pushing the chair behind making it fall with a thud sound making it flinch and took out a few bills and slammed it on the table storming outside.

I looked around embarrased as everyone had turned their head to our table and some were looking apologetic while few with smirk on their face.

I smiled a bit to cover up the embarassed look and slipped a few dollars too,took my clutch and went to the car where he was already seated.

Happy Reading.please vote and comment.
Stay safe and healthy.
-Pihu.