Chapter 3

Lia

Today its a bright day so putting on my yellow knee length dress and packing my lunch I was soon to reach my bookshop whereas there was no sign of Eva anywhere as she will come a little late due to some reason.

Putting on the open sign I started preparing some cupcakes to keep on display and other snacks.Soon few customers started coming in and I got quite busy and nearly during lunch Eva came in

"I am so sorry Lia,I got stuck with the drama I have participated in and our teacher decided to prolong it so that is the reason I got more late then expected "She sighed with a tired look on her face

I shook my head at her and went to her while placing a hand her shoulder
"Eva chill you don't have to get so worked up just because you got more late then expected I know it happens"
I said with a small smile

She gave me her biggest smile and hugged me "I don't know what I would do without you.You are the best boss"She said squeezing me hard

"I know I am the best"I said while lightly fliping my hair "but now go take this coffee to our customers who are waiting" handing her the coffee tray I went to do the pending work.

Soon there was a chime of the bells indicating a customer's arrival.I glanced at the clock indicating it is almost 3 in afternoon and I know who it must be.

"Good Afternoon Mrs.Rose"I said turning around and smiling brightly to the woman who is no less a mother figure to me.

"Good Afternoon my Angel but how many times do I have to tell not to call me Mrs.Rose,just call me Rachel or Mama Rachel."She said giving me her stern eyes.

"I know but calling your name seems a bit disrespectful to me but now that you allowed me to call you Mama I'll call you that."I said with an overwhelming feeling and my voice shook.

"Mama"I tried for the first time like a small child saying his first word.
I said again with tears flowing down my eyes and hugging her small figure to me I repeated it for maybe 100th time I think.

Mama just hugged me back and patted my head with soothing my back.

"There there my angel you don't need to cry,I'll always consider you my daughter because you came as an angel when I was in the depth of pain"She said with tears in her own eyes.

She started reading therapy when she was diagnosed with depression due to the tragedy in her life.She is coming here since I started the bookshop to read book here for 2 hours or so and then go back to mansion to work.I know she works for Mr.Stone who is one of the most powerful in the city or the world.

I have seen his face a few times in magazine that comes in the bookshop because he is always there on the front page with that cold eyes of his that can make anyone tremble but I don't know there is a feeling that maybe there is something beyond those eyes.

Focusing back on my work I went through the books that arrived few minutes ago which were almost out of stock.Suddenly I heard Mama calling me,it feels weird to call someone Mama when I didn't had the chance to call anyone that wonderful word in my life but now I have and it is really amazing.

I turned and walked up to her seat by the window she gestured me to sit across her.I sat with a concern because she had a deep frown on her face which indicated that there was something troubling her.

I took hold of her hand
"What happened Mama,is there something bothering you?"
She gave me a small smile that didn't reached her eyes.
"My Angel do you remember that one time when you promised me you'll do anything I'll ask you to do"

Yes I do remember that day how can I not it was terrifying for me to see her in that state

Flashback

I was doing my usual work when I heard a terrifying scream in the shop.I hurriedly turned towards Mrs Rose who was shaking with tears streaming down her face and loud sobs coming out of her mouth.Looking around everyone was looking at her.I snapped my attention to Mrs.Rose and took hold of her body making her stand and taking her to the back room that is kept for stock and pantry but not before glancing at Eva to handle the other customers.

I made her sit in the seat nearby and hugged her.
"Ssh shh don't cry its ok,
Everything is going to be ok,I am here with you Mrs.Rose"
I asked her" What happen can you tell me"
"They die-ed they al-all died in that terri terrible accident.God had no mercy on t- them.Why why would he do this this horrible horrible things to them.I told them that day not to go out as the weather did not look good but no one listened.I fear everyone will leave me in this pain."She said with shaky voice and sobbing continuously
"Shh shh"
I rubbed her back an took hold of her book in my hand and glanced at what might have triggered her.Looking at the words in the book it was similar with Mrs.Rose's story.
"Mrs.Rose I'll be always there and promise to do as you say"
She glanced up at me and asked
"You promise"
I just nod my head
"Yes I do promise"

Flashback ends

I nodded my head to Mama and said
"Yes Mama I do remember but why are you asking me that right now".

Mama just squeezed my hand and said
"Because I want you to fulfill that promise"I just nodded my head frowning.

"You know Lia I work for Ezron right?"
I again nodded my head confused
"He is suffering from alchohol addiction,bipolar disorder, short temper and depression,He is so unsure about the next thing he will do in his personal life and I am really worried about him what if it will get worse and I cannot save him"
I just shook my head and came closer to her "Don't think like that Mama,he will be fine and I'll help you in every way possible to save Mr.Stone,I could check with the best Psychologist and you could take him to the doctor"

I know how it works as I have read few books on this to get over my own anxiety.

Mama shook her head
"Ezron is a stubborn man Lia, what do you think I didn't try to make him go to the doctor ?I did but he refused to take any medical help and now I am afraid he'll loose himself and we won't be able to save him"She said with sad eyes

It pained me to look at her sad eyes.
I looked at her and asked her the question whose answer changed my life.
"How can I help you?"
Mama looked up and said with hope in her eyes.
"Please marry him".

Happy Reading and please vote and comment.