Chapter 42( Unedited)

Lia.

I am tired already walking this long distance. And so far we didn't have any luck in getting a lift. I have my phone but there is no signal. My arms are up in air to find a signal from anywhere but I guess we have to walk to find our way to the lake. We would've been setting the camp now  if only Mr.I-book-whole-place-for-myself didn't interrupt. I look to the side at the him holding all the luggage and walking with a straight back without breaking a sweat. He insisted and I didn't argue. It is his doing that we cannot find a lift right now. Also I gave him a hearful of not to book the whole place next time and now lets just say my silent treatment weapon is out.

How much longer do we have to walk now? I put my bag on the side and hands on the knees bending to catch my breath. He waited until I took lungful of much needed oxygen.

Sure go ahead and make more plans as such.

My mind mocked me. Ofcourse but did not see this coming.

"2 hours more to go." Did he read my mind?I didn't respond just stood straight. Thankfully he had memorised the way from the GPS.

We were in the middle of the road with trees surrounding us and nowhere near our destination. God help us!!

It was as if he answered my prayers because in a distance I could hear the sound of car. I quickly turn around to see a car or more like a grandma truck faraway on the road. Dropping my luggage down I quickly stood in the middle of the road waving at them to stop. The car was few meters away from us but I could see the lady driving-

"Lia what the hell are you doing?"I was immediately tugged to the side of the road. I looked up at him confusedly but didn't respond instead I lifted my thumbs up for the lift.

"You can't just stand in the middle of the-" I didn't let him complete as thankfully the old lady had stop her car. I immediately rush at the side. She has bob hairs with loose shirt and pants on whereas the old man beside her has the same with hat.

"Can you please drop us near Hunter Valley?" I smile towards them, hoping they would really help us. I could feel Ezron standing close to me. The lady looked behind me before looking back at me and then my left hand.

She glanced at the man beside her before nodding at me with a beautiful smile.

"Thankyou so much" I gratified.

"You can keep your luggage at the back" She said and I turned around with a smile at Ezron but soon remembered I am not talking with him. So ignoring him I went to pick my bag but before I could he beat me to it and picked up.
Moving away I directly went to seat on the backseat. If he wants to handle it all, fine by me. The truck is one of a kind in which grandma's drive their grandkids. It is comfortable. Ezron sat beside me.

The car started, I hope we reach before we miss the sunset. Can't miss that.

"I am Peter and this is my wife Linda." The old man introduced turning to face us. He has wrinkles of experience on his face but looked everybit of countryman.

"I am Lia" He nodded before staring at Ezron who was looking blankly at him. So rude! I nudged him before he looked at me and reluctantly let out his words.

"Ezron, her husband" My heart jumped at his words as I looked at him only to see him staring back at me.

"Oh my, Peter they are so cute ain't they?" The lady said glancing at us quickly.

"Yes they are sweetheart but not more than you" The lady blushed before focusing back on the road. Aww!

We went back in a comfortable silence and I turned my head towards the window as Ezron opened his mouth to speak to him. He should think or ask before doing such thing. I was really upset.