Chapter 34(Unedited)

*Trigger warning:Self harm

Lia.

I don't know how did I cross the distance between us fighting the nausea that hit me at the sight.But somehow I held his wrist in a tight grip,his body cold and shaking.

"Ez-Ezron"I whispered the only word running in my mind.He turned his gaze at me,eyes red with rage and pain.I can feel my heart tighten dreading to question him but I stop myself and glance at his arms filled with fresh scars and he-he also opened his old wound.Did he scratch those?Oh god.Teardrop from my widened eyes fell on his wound as my gaze travelled on the sharp blade tighten in his hands dripping with bl-blood.His blood.His pain.His agony.

Somehow through my blurry vision I look back at his drunk grey eyes.His form tilted and imbalanced.He glared at me as if I have came between him and his goal.His goal to harm himself.Scar himself and-and punish him because that's what he is been doing.

"Leave"the raspy voice whispered with hardened words and glare.

I shook my head in a no and tightened my grip on his wrist near his chest,the blade hovering over his chest.My focus only on the blade.I need to be careful.

"Do-don't do this,yo-your blood..."And as I try to form words,I step closer holding his gaze.Slowly but discreetly some how my trembling hands took the blade and immediately threw it across the floor.
His eyes snapped back to it and then at me.

In a swift moment my body was trapped between the counter and him in his painful hold as I shut my eyes tightly but as his hand tighten on my hand twisted at my back I open my eyes and can't help the loud gasp at his chest.
Fresh wound with blood dripping from there like trail but thats not what caught my attention,what shocked me are the words he has carved.I could feel actual physical pain and if possible more tears flowed down my cheeks.My head heavy with all the scenarios of how he did this.

"W-why would you do this?"I ask looking up at him.Why would he try to carve this word,torture himself.

His face still red.
"You should fucking leave before I hurt you too"He yelled on my face glaring into my eyes"Go away."

"I-I can't leave you"Not now,this man thinks he will hurt me.I've been hurt before but nothing could compare the pain I feel watching him do this.

Suddenly he pushed away as his bloodied fist clenched and he stood taking heavy breaths.Then looked up with a different unrecognizable look in his eyes that could send shiver down a devil's spine.

"Ok then watch what a beast I am because he needs blood,either mine or someone else."His haunting words resounded like a nightmare in my ears.Wh-what?

But my insticts kicked in as his half naked body reached for the blade.I took up the energy to hold his forearm,my own hand smeared with his blood and turn him to face me.

"No.No don't do this Ezron.You are hurting yourself"I pleaded with my eyes.

"And I fucking deserve it.I deserve more than this pain."He yelled stepping closer,his breath near my ears as he whispered the next dreadful words"I deserve death"

I feel my eyes widened and body numb at the words.The darkness in those words scaring me for the first time.No
one should have such thoughts.For the first time I could see the depth of darkness in him.

He moved back with a sinister smile,his word almost seemed true.But he will not hurt himself.No I won't allow that.
Not allow him to drown in the pit of those darkness.No.

As I came back from my thoughts,I looked around and found him stumbling on his steps almost slipping at the alcohol spilled on the floor.He sat on the edge of the bath tub only in his boxers and is that blood on his thigh?Oh no.Did he cut himself there too?I stepped closer to inspect it carefully but suddenly he started scratching the wound on his arm with his nail as if expanding it,opening up.