Chapter 28

Lia.

Is this what is called?No lie can be hidden for a long time but its not even that long.I was going to tell him the truth in future.How did he know about my visit?Why do I always have to get caught,am I that bad at hiding?Now what should I tell him?Should I tell him the truth now?

"Lia"I jumped at the impatient sound of his voice but did not turn around.How can I look into those eyes lying new words.

Still I have to do this.
"I went for my regular checkup."I said trying to sound as normal as possible.
He didn't respond anything but a question did come to my mind which I couldn't resist asking.

"How did you know?"I turned around this time with narrowed eyes.He still had his hand aboves his forehead as he glanced at me from the corned of his eyes closing it again.

"I did say I have loyal employess"He said in an obvious tone

Marco.

But wasn't he on leave.I messaged him not to come today.How could I forget he only obeys Ezron.But where was he hidden all the time?

I was about to ask the question but thought against it when I saw his eyes closed.He might be asleep.I hope so.

●●●

The shuffling sound of bedsheets woke me up from my raw sleep.What is happening?I looked at the side only to have my eyes widened at the sight of Ezron shaking on the bed as sweat covered his whole face and short breaths coming out his mouth along with few words.He is having another nightmare. Oh god.

I moved closer to him until I could hear his words somewhat.

"Don't"
"Not him"
"Don't, don't"
"No,no,no"

What is it?Who is he?
I moved more closer and cleared out the sticky hairs from his forehead.

"Ezron"I patted his cheeks with one hand while holding his shoulder with other.

"Please wake up"I tried shaking again.Still he kept mummbling the incoherent words.

"Its okay,its a nightmare"I said trying to put my words through.
"Ezron"
"Ezron"This time I shook his shoulder harder.
"Ez-" "NO"He screamed out opening his eyes widely,sitting up with a jerk panting hard as I backed away.

"Its-Its ok"
"You are fine"I said rubbing his shoulder but he didn't pay attention and turned away searching something in the drawer like a crazed person clutching his hair.His hand fumbling in the drawers.Pulling out all drawers searching for something as if almost out of habit.Alcohol.

"Ezron its not there"I reminded him again and this time his mind attended to my words.His eyes changed emotions from frantic to realization to painful and finally settled onto rage.Rage for not having his sleep dose or death dose.

"Fuck"He said under his breath and then he neared to my side about to yell out something but then he stumbled out of the bed almost tripping on his feet as I got on to my own as he reached the bathroom and entered.

I followed and saw him leaning over the toilet puking his guts out,his shoulder shaking.It felt like someone shot an arrow to my heart.

I went near him and rubbed his back.My hand was pushed back.

"Don't look"He said still leaning over the seat head low.

He thinks I will feel gross out.But how can I?Still standing over him,I didn't step back."It's fine.This is  an effect of leaving alcohol.It will be over soon."I said trying to relax him.

"I want it"He said in a controlled voice as if controlling his pain.He raised his bloodshot eyes towards me and I stiffled a gasp.His anger is resurfacing.