Chapter 16: Clues

Start from the beginning

"If these are Faye's clothes and you said she's your baby, then why do they fit us?...Are we just really fat?" The girl asked innocently as the women bursted out laughing not expecting it.

Even Kaila, who's mind was running with questions fired by her curiosity, nearly laughed. It was very clear to her that she was nowhere near fat. She looked like she barely even made the cut of being considered healthy.

Her breathing picked up as she nearly let a laugh escape out loud. Something she thought she couldn't remember how to do.

But with the woman calming down from their laughter and Lauren blushing from embarrassment, Kaila managed to get a hold on her breathing again.

"Lauren, no. You and Kaila are not fat. Far from it actually." Lain said as the girl only looked more confused than before.

"Then why are they so big?" She asked making Kaila's eyes go big as she hadn't even thought of that fact while Nina pointed out whose clothes it was earlier.

Just staying silent with their mouths hung open, the women confusingly looked between the girls and each other. While Kaila was just as curious as Lauren she didn't add on to her question. Still having a few of her own she waited to see how this was going to play out.

Nina and Lain locked eyes silently debating with one another if they were going to tell the girls now, but they didn't know whether they were ready.

"Their big because you girls are just so small. You think their big because you don't fit into them properly, but the clothes aren't the things that are big. You're bodies are just so small. It's why Nina and I had planned today for you girls to get your own clothes that will fit you better." Lain hoped her explanation would be enough for now in hopes of keeping her wife's words of waiting.

Nina on the other hand had an entirely different speech prepared. Thinking her wife was about to dump their largest secret towards their girls, the woman was surprised to find out she didn't say it.

"But you said she's a baby. Baby's aren't this big." Lauren pointed out.

"Well you're very right. Baby's aren't that big, but Faye is our very special baby." Lain tried again blushing now with how hard she was trying to keep things simple.

Looking directly towards her wife, Lain was staring intensely at Nina trying to get her to help in some way. The woman was struggling to answer these questions alone.

But Nina wanted to see this play out. Wanting to know exactly what page Lain was on before putting her own two sense in, she wanted to wait in case they were thinking of two separate things.

"Kaila?" Lain asked as Kaila looked pale. The girl had been so quiet this entire time thinking about her own questions that she didn't even realize how flushed she was getting. "Is there something on you're mind?" The woman asked in hope of switching topics.

But she was far from it.

Already having Nina's answer from earlier, Kaila felt unsatisfied. She wanted to know more about the woman's behavior last night, and what better place to ask than the source. Her burning desire to know grew out of hand within the span of a few minutes.

"Why'd you say mama and I last night?" She finally mustered up the courage to say.

Nina wanted to facepalm by the direction of their morning talk. 'So much for our exciting day focused on shopping.' She chuckled to herself.

However, her playful thought came to its close when she heard her name.

"Ask Nina about that." Lain had told Kaila much to her dissatisfaction. She already asked the woman and got her answer, but she wanted more. More from Lain.

"I already did that." She said surprising Lain. "She said you were going to talk to us when you were together. It was something about this. And now you're together." She slightly demanded.

Her mind was set about the woman and their personalities, but this one topic that they seemed to be desperately brushing over wasn't doing them any good. Wanting to know completely who she was going to be spending time with, she pushed on.

"What'd you say to her N?" Lain asked.

"After you and Lauren left Kaila's room this morning, she sat me down and asked about something you said last night." She looked knowingly at her wife who's eyes went big.

"Oh...that." She nervously scratched the back of her neck.

"Yeah that. Kaila wasn't asleep last night when you tucked her in."

Looking down at the girl Lain covered up her nervous behavior with a chuckle. "Sneaky." She said with a raised eyebrow towards Kaila. "Why didn't you say anything then if you were awake still?" She turned the tables.

"I was tired, I just wasn't sleeping." She admitted shrugging her shoulders.

Both girls curiously looked between the women wanting to be let in on the loop.

The couple were hesitant at first, but seeing how there was no turning back now they prepared themselves to go forwards. 'So much for waiting a week.' Nina smirked to herself knowing they weren't going to last that long.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off