148

"What????!"

"That we go to Midtown!!!"

"MIDTOWN?"

"Yeah!!!"

"Jack's graduating from there this term!!!"

"I know!!" I slump back on the couch and rub my throat, I turn to look at Peter who is learning how to open a beer lid with a key and another guy teaching how to, I snort and look back at the girl across from me "You go to Midtown???!!!" I scream back at her

She nods and leans forward to continue our 'Yelling-talk' conversation "Yeah!!! Junior??!"

"Yeah!!"

"What's your name?!!" she screams back ruffling her black hair to her sides while three people cross in front of us

"This is Peter!!" I point at him but he's still focused don his bottle "And I'm Tannie!!!"

"Annie?!!"

"No! Tannie!!" I scream and gesture a T with my fingers "With a T!!!"

"Ahhhhhh!" then she closes her mouth and looks at me with a slight frown "WAIT!" she screams more "You're Tannie Stark??!!"

"Yeah!!! Hi!!"

"Hey!!!!" she rests her forearms in her thighs and smiles "Hey! Nice meeting you!!!"

"Same!!"

She stands up and doesn't bother to tug her black skirt, her combat boots approach me and she gives me another smile with her lips covered in a black lipstick "Sorry for the screaming" she chuckles "Hey, it'd be cool having you in the next art expo Midtown is having for the end of the term. Word says that you're always at the labs"

"And the library too" I add and nod at her with a smile "Yeah, I'll go to that expo. Support local artists, right?"

"That's my motto girl" she pats my shoulder and jerks her head "Gonna dance but nice meeting you"

"Sure! Nice meeting you too" when she's gone I'm left with the sorest throat in history and I see how Peter is progressing, the key in his hand slowly twisting the cap and I pat his back, he softly chuckles but keeps learning "I'm gonna get something to drink!" I scream t him and he nods at me

I stand up and I excuse myself, the carpet covering the floor is already stained with different drops of what looks like water but I know it's not water. I move around until I find a small kitchen at the back of the house, an eating bar filled with several bottles and stacked red cup. I turn around and take one and fill it with water as I look through the windows in front of the sink; many people jumping to the beating music that Flash is mixing.

 I snort and walk away ready to get back to Peter but I stop to contemplate the different sizes and colors of the glass bottles and while I take sips of my water I read the labels, my eyes slightly widening because I didn't know there was vodka that tastes like apple juice or tequila that resembles water. I stretch my hand to the bag of chips and I take a fist just continuing my reading, I look down to my cup filled with what's left of water and I quickly bite my bottom lip...

"Hey! Q.T, Q.T., Q.T....." 

I dart my eyes to Peter and he eagerly giggles and jogs to my side, showing me the bottle of beer 

"I did it" he chuckles showing me the bottle "You can open it with a lighter too. A new thing I learned today, huh?"

"Congratulations!" I laugh and pat his back "But this is gonna be a hidden talent, May will lose her head"

"Another hidden talent added to the list" he jokes and peeks at my hand "Hey, Tostitos"

"You see?" They already had Tostitos" I snort and offer him the bag "There was this girl and she invited me to an art expo at Midtown"