10

*knock*

*knock*

*knock*

"Oh hello, honey! Tannie, right?" May's fruity voice greets me as she grabs me by my arm and drags me inside "come on, it's freezing outside"

I softly thank her while eyeing the noiseless apartment. Only the dim light of a floor lamp illuminates the living room. I hear how she closes the door and she appears walking to the couch and grabbing a book 

"I'm sorry it's a little late but it won't be long, I promise"

She slumps on the couch and smiles at me "Oh, please. Don't worry Tannie, the tough guy is right in his room... oh and uh, do you know anything about a fight?"

Shiiiiiit. How does she know?

I stop in my track and turn to her "A fight? uh, what fight?"

She brushes a strand of hair behind her ear "Peter got into a fight with a guy named Steve just after arriving from the trip... you happen to know him?"

I slowly shake my head "Uh-uh... I-I..."

"Yeah, don't worry, you go..." she smiles and opens her book to read

I swallow and spin to the small hall with three doors. I step in front of the door and take the handle. With a deep breath, I try to open the door as quietly as possible. I peek my head and notice Peter sitting on his bed rubbing his right eye, lightly wincing and wrinkling his nose.

"Who hit you?" I ask

Peter squeals throwing his arms in the air. The ice wrapped in the towel flies in front of my feet

"Geez! you scared me!!" he swings his legs to stand up and I lower myself to reach for the ice and towel "Wha-what are you... uh doing here? are you ok?"

"I am..." I hand him the towel and block of ice

"Thanks... uh a guy from Brooklyn" He spins perching himself in the edge of his bed

I hum and close the door behind me "How was the trip to Germany?"

"Oh! it was great! I saw a lot of things... yeah, lots of Pretzels..." 

I turn around to look at him, his red sweatshirt is a little damp for the droplets of molten ice. And here it comes. No need to go off on a tangent with him, not when it's clear as water what happened this weekend. I take a deep intake of air and gulp.

"We need to talk, Peter... or should I say Spider-Man?"

His Adam apple throbs "Wha...what? What are you talking about?" his posture stiffing as I walk in front of him

"You can't escape from me so let's talk" I sit beside him and his eyes just follow my moves "What part did you like the most? When you took Steve's shield or when that giant man appeared?"

He scratches the back of his neck and fully turns his body to me "Tannie......... OH GOD, I KNEW YOU WERE THERE!" he hisses "That guy with the wings was talking to you and then... and then I was acting cool. You know? And oh, your dad was sooooo freaked out about something, first I thought it was for his friend in the other armor but something else was bothering him... but it was you! I felt it!"

I snort hearing his fast speed and nod "Yeah, I sneaked in... all the way to Germany. I saw you fighting and webbing... everything added up in a matter of seconds... you really need to tell me how you do that"

Peter brings his hands to his head in disbelief, his chest heavily rising and falling "It was so crazy! I stole his shield haha!!"  In a flash, he jumps from the bed and starts pacing side to side  "I was free to fight everyone, I mean, the ones in Cap's Team... do you, uh call him Steve or Cap? And then, your dad was like 'here... a minor upgrade' with amazing eyes and it's so comfortable"