72

ONE WEEK LATER 

Monday, August 28, 2017

"Where are they? Still in Italy?"

"Yeah, but in the northwest... a province called uh... Fontana delle Monache? Or something like that"

He shrugs and takes a bite of his sandwich "I think that what they're doing it's great! Very laudable"

"It is, so now you see why I'm not very fond of these history textbooks"

Peter playfully rolls his eyes that land on the pair of thick books in my lap "Should I repeat it?"

"No..."

He clears his throat, brilliantly ignoring me as he breathily laughs " 'I'm very sure that if Holt McDougal spends a whole day with my family, he's going to realize that his textbooks are just filled with fabricated fallacies that only pretend to bootlick the United States Government' " he takes a deep breath and continues " '...But also because he's not really telling the context of their fights, the why's and how's... no, he's just describing them as mere servants to the government, including Nat' " he finishes mimicking my voice

I stretch my hands and start tickling him in his waist, he dodges the first attacks as we laugh out loud "Parker... you're mocking me!"

"Maybe! oh, no, no stop!!" he wheezes

"You... forgot... about the... part of poor personality descriptions..." I laugh stopping the playfull attack

"How to forget about that?!" he wheezes one more time composing himself with a sigh "and also... how to forget about our still pending date?"

I scratch my brow and frown "Still pending date?"

"Yeah! Our seven-month date?"

"Oh, that date... yeah... sheep meadows for the Central Park Film Festival"

his lips twists "But uh... it got canceled"

"Canceled, yeah... we spent our date with Gargan" I recall  

"Isn't It Romantic?"

I snort and crouch to stand up "Maybe we can spend our first year at the correctional center?" with two short steps I reach the edge of the roof and start levitating "I'll see you at your place? We still need to finish that stodgy science project with Ned"

"Stodgy science project? You're very feisty today, huh?"

I spin with a fun-loving stare crossing my arms in my chest "We're doing a baking soda volcano... and I wanted to do a biodegradable ink... not fair"

"We still have next year though"

I point my finger at him "If Flash makes that ink... you and Ned are dead meat"

His huffs not believing my threat and only pulls his mask on again "I'll take North"

"See you in some minutes, bug"

I don't hear his comment. I launch to the sky in a swoosh, following the usual routine; stop, analyze the checkpoints, try to catch any potential hazard and then fly to the next block. Fortunately, before eating I covered almost two-thirds of the South so it's faster the patrolling. With a final glance to the street below me, I propel myself to Queens again. When I spot the building I land foot after foot in the roof and start jogging downstairs in the fire escape. 

"May?" I knock twice in the glass but I'm greeted instead with Ned's presence running to slide the window open

"Oh my... Tan- Sorry, Quantum" he winks at me "come in..." he steps back