90

A/N: like the last Homecoming chapter (#20), I chose a dress for Tannie. (it's at the end of the chapter) But of course, you can imagine something else :)

Saturday, October 21, 2017

"Ok, give me a boost of 30% now..."

I nod and turn to the computer, modifying the numbers and waiting to press enter "Ready?"

"Yup"

I push the key and quickly turn to see my dad jumping in his place while he stretches his right arm waiting for any reaction to occur. I stand up and walk not too close as the black jacket he's wearing is no longer black. Part of his forearm is now covered in what seems his armor, grey alloy that wraps his forearm and it stops before covering his hand.

"Whoa..."

"Ladies and gentlemen, and T... this is called nanotechnology!" he proudly nods while seeing the piece of armor

"Let me touch this" my hand goes to his arm and yeah, it feels like it's his suit, resistant and flexible "Awesome, dad... but then we need to boost it, even more, to see if the suit can really form around you"

"Will do it ten by ten until we reach 100... I still need to work on the surface-to-volume ratio" he looks back again to his forearm and tilts it so we can admire the work "Anyway, you can start with the carbon-based nanoparticles"

I shake my head and touch his armor "Wait, this is grey, dad. Your suit is not grey"

"What an observer" he mocks and sways to sit on the chair beside my improvised workspace

"I mean, I can also start programming the particles so the colors match" I offer and slump down on the cushiony chair and swivel a little so I can face him

"I want to know how you'll do that but let's remove this first, shall we?"

"Uhum" I nod again and turn my focus to the screen, I click on the reverse switch and the 30% turns into minus 30%. I push the key and the particles that once covered part of him are now retracting inside the jacket "You know, you could've chosen another jacket..."

"What do you mean?!" he frowns brushing the dark fabric "I like this"

"It's a running jacket that is probably infused in your sweat" I snort starting to grab the pile of sticky notes by his left

"Baby powder is a thing, stop being so judgy" he kicks my chair but I cling onto the table "now, explain to me how you could add color..."

"Wait...." I close the windows on the screen and then swivel back at him "... I've been reading a lot so correct me if I'm wrong-"

"I absolutely will" he winks but then nods "Keep going..."

"I believe we can start building quantum dots... in the end, they're nanoscale crystals with the same use of a prism but nanoscale.... they transport electrons and exactly when UV lights hit them that's when they can emit light but this light is going to be-"

"Of a different color" he clicks his tongue and waves a finger at me "Clever, yeah. What else?"

"These crystals can be right under the nanoparticles so the color could be more potent. Just like biological chromatophores but applied to technology. I only need to see the size of the quantum dots, each size could create a different shade of color"

"You have homework then... chop! chop!!" he joins his hands and jumps to his feet, returning to his own workplace across from mine

"I could but... I only have ten minutes before I have to go"