64

I ain't gonna lie guys... there's a little uh... heat till the end of the chapter. If you want to summon The Holy Water or smth... well... do it. 

"Tannie... Tannieeeee...oh my god... wake up"

"mmmm... ugh... what?" I lick my dry lips and gulp but flinch at how parched my throat is

I flick my eyes, the room is definitely darker, almost crepuscular. Wait. Why did I sleep? we were supposed to go to the Hall of Science...

I support myself with my arms as I turn to the right to see Peter perched beside me. I study his face. Pursed lips with a purple spot forming on his bottom lip. Sweaty forehead, sticky hair, red eyes, and rapid blinking.

Flashes of what happened hours later start bombarding my mind. Cries, gasps, yells, desperation. Peter... actually... he actually made me faint for the lack of air.

It's not his fault. It's not his fault...

He brings one hand to my shoulder but I jump hitting my back with the wall. He stops, frightened of the sudden and unusual movement I just did. 

"Tannie..." he murmurs and I flex my leg and rest my head... aching head now

"What just happened Peter?" a hoarse broken voice pops out of my lips

"I-I was... I..." he trembles without taking his eyes from me

"Yeah... I felt it again... the feeling of being this close to dying... I'm not exaggerating" I shift my body out of the bed, Peter stiff 

"Tannie...."

I turn to look at him, my hand rubbing my neck "Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"What?"

I pinch the bridge of my nose "Just... answer so I can go to take some air..."

Peter stumbles to stand up, he walks in front of me. The semi-dark room lights his clenched jaw. 

"Don't go..." he whispers walking closer but I again jump back hitting my legs with his desk, it's a reflex from my body

I clear my throat not looking at him "I need to, I want to... I... just" 

"I'm sorry Tannie... I was so... so deep in everything and... and I only clung into what I could touch" he explains and I hesitate to touch his cheek

"That's ok... I know how uh... powerful your senses can get but uh... I think that I need some air that's all" I explain back

Peter touches my cheek and I instantly ram against his desk. Pencils and other things lashing and falling to the floor. Peter stops and I slide away from him.

I don't want to do it. I don't want to flinch every time he attempts to touch me but it's like my body is ordering itself as his room becomes smaller around me.

"Then why you're pulling back?" he asks behind me with a broken voice

I sigh and spin, my hand grabbing the doorknob "Peter... you made me faint... my bod-"

"I know! I'm sorry!" his voice goes up like five levels higher

"Yeah, apology accepted but I just need to go away from here... I know this doesn't help but I just need... to go" I realize that my voice is higher too, not like his because of throat ache 

"Well, yes, you're right... this doesn't help... you're making me feel bad. No... like shit" 

I look up with wide eyes, his brown eyes are darker and it's not the room that creates the effect. I see the visible cords forming in his neck and how his chest is rapidly rising.