96

"Yeah, he was, and he also gave me the basic concepts of what I know today. It was great. He was all the time at the Tower and it was so cool"

"What kind of concepts?" Allyson asks and readjusts the bunny ears on her head

"Feynman diagrams, particle exchange... an introduction to Nuclear physics 0.1" I laugh as I remember the scenes "Was cool" I repeat

"Doctor Banner sounds like the kind of guy who is normal, right? Doin' basic science stuff but he's actually the Hulk?! I mean..." Micheal exclaims earning laughs from all of us

The conversation moves to a couple, Max and Lynn and my eyes land on the sliding body that brushes and bumps past the dancing people in the living room. I lean forward and he slumps down with a red cup.

"Water!" he sighs and hands me the cup, the black pupils expand so much that only leave a tiny gap of brown irises 

"Hey, you okay? You went there for 8 minutes..."

Peter unsure, tilts his head and tries to talk but closes his mouth but quickly opens it again but he only says 'ah'

"Peter?"

"I think I just drank something that tastes very strong and like medicine" he whispers to my ear

I pull apart and frown "elaborate"

"Uhm... uh, I asked this guy at the kitchen if he knew where the glasses where because I wanted water... he handed me one cup filled with water, right? And he told me he saved it for me and that it was water... so I was a little thirsty so I just drank it..."

"How much...? It was a red cup like this one?" I point at the red one in my hand

"Yeah, the water was over here" his index finger points slightly over the middle of the plastic cup "And I thought it was water so I chug it down but then I got this medicine-ish taste and when I pulled away... the liquid was gone... I don't know what I just drank" he finishes with a frown and touches his chest "But I'm alive..."

"Uh...." I look down at the plastic cup and see the clear liquid 

"No, don't worry... I did fill that cup with tap water. It's safe"

"Okay..." I stand up and hand him the cup "You need this to get the taste out or..."

"Oh, no. Don't worry. I ate like... eight jell-o's cups to get the taste out. You should have some, they have orange ones... Halloween" he shrugs and smiles at me and slurps on the cup

I frown harder and spin to the light coming out from the kitchen "I'll be back... do not move ok?"

"Won't do, Q.T." 

I walk to the kitchen, slightly smiling at everyone around me, walls and counters are a creamed shade of wood, a metallic fridge incrusted on the wall as well as the oven and microwave. The whole counters including the squared island on the middle are covered in bottles and cups, Halloween confetti scattered on the floor as I make my way to the sink near the stove. I look around and notice used cups filled with unfamiliar liquids.

"Looking for something? I ain't a bartender but..." I look to the guy leaning on the counter, a black shirt with stains of fake blood, or I hope it's fake blood, half-open eyes that make me believe he's more out of this world than he's in it

"Uh, is there something that resembles water and tastes like medicine?"

"Hhhmpff, yeah there is..." languidly, he spins and the clack of bottle pops on the other side, he spins back with a bottle in his hand and erupts by my side "Here... the best of the best. Merry Christmas"