18

I lean on the suit synthesizer my dad designed and sigh  "What type of fabric you suggest?" 

FRIDAY displays a set of options "The design you submitted was analyzed by my algorithms, I suggest you use a waterproof TPU fabric, it has excellent material properties and micro bonds of a thermoplastic polyurethane membrane the boss uses it underneath the armor" 

I hum reaching for my second cup of coffee "Suitable for the color I indicated?

"The code-chart was applied. I would also recommend a thin layer of cotton, making the suit composition like this"

The hologram flickers catching my attention as it changes in front of me and I smile looking at what I'm creating

"Yep, I like it" I rub my eyes and turn to the clock, 2:09 am

"Do you want a special signature in your suit, Miss Stark?" FRIDAY asks 

I slump on the high bench and grab a piece of paper "mmmm, let me think about it... keep rendering it"

" 'Tamic', 'GammaTammic' "

I start doodling symbols but my eyelids start feeling heavy. I'll take a break, yeah. Just five minutes.

-----

"Baby....... Baby...."

"Uhmm...." I feel the pressure of a poke in my back and I quickly grunt with the tension in my legs "Uhmmhmm? Where...? oh...mom?"

She gently smiles rubbing her hand in my back "Hey you... you worked all night?"

"Uhhhh... yeah. A ... Bio project."  I rub my eyes as my consciousness starts waking as well.

Oh shiiit! the suit synthesizer!! 

I jump to the floor and discreetly pace to where the metal design is "Wha-what time is it?"

"Nine fifty, honey... I thought you were at school"

I spin to look at her leaning against the table "I was a little stressed for all the homework so I think I pushed myself just a little"

She purses her lips and walks to the lab's door "Well, rest today ok? I swear to god that you and your father are so much alike... I don't want you to push yourself ok?"

"Yes, mom, where are you going?

"Morning meeting" she steps outside but quickly peeks her head "Hey! How was that party?"

I snort rubbing my temple "Good, yes... a lot of dancing"

Fighting

She cheerfully winks at me and her heels start fading outside. I stumble to the machine and start pushing the button

"Good morning, to access the suits properties please scan your hand, identification is requested"

I gnaw on my lip while placing my palm on the bio-reader. A blue light twinkles and a holographic folder pops in front of me.