116

"I can't' believe it" I murmur

Peter snorts "He's funny"

"Our dad can surprise you"

"Yeah, he stole my videogames one day and never returned them because he was so caught up playing them"

"He eats my fruit roll-ups even if mommy says he can't because they are mine"

I look down at the small head "Really, Nate?"

"Uh-hummmm"

"Pff... and now he's here-"

"Sleeping on the barn" Lila adds

I stare back at the five of us, all with our arms crossed while staring at Clint's body on top of a hay bale. He's snoring while his chest softly rises and falls.

"Should we, uh... wake him up? Before your mom comes and..."

Lila chuckles giving me a shake with her head "Nah, mom knows about this... she says she doesn't want to repeat herself so... she lets him" she stretches her arm and grabs a small ball of yarn from the open toolbox "You want to..."

I frown "Throw it?"

"Yeah, Peter?" she offers

"Oh, no, no... I enjoy living. Thanks"

"You better do the honors" I state holding my laugh, Lila positions her arm so she can pitch the yarn and she throws it at an incredible speed that collides exactly with Clint's sleeping head

He scrambles to sit upright on top of the hay bale as he takes the yarn and looks back at us five "Hi, kids...." with a drowsy look he swings his legs and jumps to his feet "Thanks for the unusual alarm, Lils..."

Lila bows her head "Always a pleasure. I'm going to help mom cleaning the oven"

I smile at her as she jogs away from us and Clint kisses Cooper on his head "Been here a lot?"

"No, no, uh... one hour and a half" Peter mentions "We were playing Uno with Cooper and Lila"

"Nice... oh God... my back is killing me..." he stretches

"That's not because of sleeping here, dad" Cooper snorts "It's your age!"

Clint playfully stares at him and points his finger "I don't have my bow here but you're a goner, Coop. You better run" Cooper doesn't hesitate and he runs away, probably to his place. Clint chuckles and pats us both in our shoulder "We still have time, right? At what time you leave?"

"Mmmmm... we need to be at the airport at 12:30 tops"

Clint nods at me "So, what? Three hours?"

My nose scrunches while I hold the screen of my phone in front of his face "... 11:30 am..."

He sighs "Oh man... no" he huffs "I'm really gettin' old. Sleeping and eating is my whole routine... you know what? Why you don't help a little with this barn, huh?"

"You mean, this barn... the one that has that huge hole in the roof? The one I fell from?"

Clint snorts at me "Yeah! And you landed on the same pile of hay... you're alive right now, right? Or Am I talking with your ghost?" he pokes my shoulder

I roll my eyes at him "Funny, help with what?"

"Pete, you up?" Clint rubs his hands

"Of course, Mr. Barton!"

"Good, good... I was up all night slicing wood for that little loft inside... Laura got me some paint and varnish. Easy, right? Painting?"

"Of course. Give me a brush" I roll the sleeves of my fluffy cardigan "Let's do this"