12

*ONE MONTH AND A HALF LATER*

Peter runs away from the camera "Oooookay, starting trial number 39... okay it's recording" he positions himself in front of me holding a small gray feather with his fingers "Ready?"

I deeply inhale and stretch my arm in front of me, my palm in front of the plush object "...Ready"

"One... two... -wait! Try not to kill me please" Peter's hand tremble as he begs with a frown

"That was one time Peter!"

"I believe we have different memories of that day... okay, one... two... three!" he shouts shutting his eyes

The first trials were extremely scary for us, whenever Peter began the countback a rush of uncertainty filled my thoughts. My breaths stopped in my throat at the mere thought that there was something inside me I couldn't control. God, something I didn't know it was there in the first place. Something I was able to feel literally glowing inside me. But as days passed by, that uneasiness was fading. Not only because I was discovering what I was able to do but because Peter helped me to understand whatever happened to me. Even if we where at the same grey area we tried to mix our knowledge to get to where we are... trial number 39.

Another deep breath and heat forms in my hand that starts glowing in an orange-ish tone. Pure quietness and then BAM! a beam of light hits the feather and Peter immediately drops it to the floor.

"Holy shit!" he mumbles watching the feather "Y-you did it, Tannie!!"

I see how the glow in my hand instantly fades and I kneel looking at the feather naturally on top of the floor  "Are you sure? How do you know?"

"I had to drop it because it was painfully heavy! Go on, try to grab it!" he encourages me

I poke it, it doesn't move so I grab the end of the feather expecting to lift it but the moment I pull it up... I can't move it... it's like trying to grab Thor's hammer. A soft gasp escapes my lips. What the hell...? I did it!

I cover my mouth "Oh my god! I actually changed the density of something!"

"I knew you could do it" Peter stands straight and runs to the long desk to write something "One more thing to add to your power list!...so far you have... four freaking abilities related to atomic manipulation, Tannie!"

An overwhelming feeling starts twisting my chest "This is so weird, Peter" I slump in the high bench and lean my forehead in the table

Incredible but absolutely terrifying.

"It is... yet here we are, right? A boy that has arachnid abilities" I turn my face to look at him from below. I see the dark circles around his eyes, his normally pale skin even paler "I've been... I've been thinking about your powers, actually" he proceeds

I clear my throat and prop my head in my hand "What you've been thinking?" 

"Well, I've been thinking about the origin of your powers... for example, mine was a radioactive spider. Yours, was the accident, but you can't remember anything that happened inside, but you said that your father talked to Scott Lang the dude who was giant, right?" I nod  "Well, he said something about the Quantum Realm..."

"uhumm... the problem is that he's in house arrest" I rub my forehead and sigh

Peter's mouth forms a perfect 'o' and he scratches his arm "Wasn't he in an underwater prison?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you... yesterday I heard my dad talking to uncle Rhodey... they allowed Clint and Lang to go with their families..."

Peter sighs and pats my shoulder "Well, I think that we've been fine working only us..."