106

"No, no. This ain't a ghetto, Belle. The younglings should mingle with us too... come on kids, sit away from your siblings. You too, Peter and bring Annie with ya'"

Peter pinches his lips at the instruction and drags me to the other side of the table. Two seats between William and Aunt Jan. I see the already prominent frown on Peter's face so I quickly slump down next to his cousin William and pat the seat by my left. Peter smiles at me and when he drags his chair closer to the table he softly kisses my cheek for the quick save of seating next to this cousin.

"Okay... here comes the turkey!" May exclaims carrying a foil tray with the brown and golden shine of the turkey's skin, when she places it in the middle the steam coming out of it makes my stomach twirl, I haven't had my usual amount of food so I could eat a lot today

"Albert... my glasses" May's mom whispers, well, her name is Claire but I'll go with ma'am "Belle, did you cook that? did you used butter?"

"No, mom. I bought it" May mutters and walks around the table, her seat is across Peter's while Happy is by her right and that leaves May's mom... across from me

"I see. Well, Claudia and Annie are the cooks here"

I turn my eyes to Happy who is so hard trying not to slice that turkey, I snort and look at Johnny who is exclaiming something inaudible to me. He returns holding a green bottle.

"It's for the kids! Well, the teens! We got it at Target on our way here, it's still chill... kids, you want some?"

"Wha-what is it?" Peter softly asks

Johnny spins the bottle and he squints his eyes reading the label "Apple cider, .5 alcohol volume"

I look at May who nods at Peter, Happy also nods at me so I smile at Johnny and grab Peter's glass and mine.

"Thanks, Johnny"

"You got it, Annie"

After getting a sip from the bubbly liquid, I lean back on the chair and place my hand on Peter's knee, he smiles at me and starts drinking his cider. It takes some minutes until the others place their dishes, the green bean casserole, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes that Jan did and also gravy, cranberry sauce Annie prepared, roasted Brussel sprouts Mrs. Reilly did, sweet potato casserole Declan and Liliana cooked, and May's proud dish... a bowl filled with roasted vegetables. Not burnt and from scratch.

"Well, all you have your drinks, right?" Mrs. Reilly speaks and folds her bottle glasses to her collar "Who was the genius that brought beer, huh?"

"Oh! That'd be me, ma'am" Happy waves his hand and May's mom looks at him with a smile

"I like ya already... are you comin' with ma Belle?"

"Yeah, mom. I invited him"

"Good call... my sweetcakes..." she coos looking at the ginger-haired twins at the other corner of the table "Do you already have your juices?" the kids lift their juice boxes with a smile and she chuckles "Good kids! Now... everyone... hold hands we have so much to be grateful for this year so hold your guts, food comes next"

My hand is already holding Peter's so we only raise our entwined finger on top of the sunflower tablecloth, he holds his Aunt's and I spin to his cousin William who is already extending his hand to me. Mmmm he looks like that kid who played real-life Casper but of course, he's taller and he has that bad body energy for sure. 

"Hi! We haven't introduced ourselves, I'm Tann-"

"Annie, right?" he speaks in a very low and husky voice

𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐛 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 ⟿ Peter Parker Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें