46

Peter's POV

What a way to get lost. I smell the flowery scent of soap on the tender skin of her neck. Rosewater maybe? No, it's her natural scent. I'm sure. With my hands in her back, I pull her closer to me earning a set of melodious giggles from her and my cheeks rise smiling at the thought of her. I wish we can stay like this forever, I wish she wants that too. I believe so, her body is not tense and I'm happy. Weird, now I now Happy whenever I think I'm happy I think about Happy. Is that weird? I guess. Ok, I should stop.

The shower helped me to get rid of some thoughts from earlier. Sudden thoughts I never wanted to experience again but really, I need to stop thinking about it, nothing good it's gonna come out of overthinking so I prefer to overthink about Tannie. My Tannie. Easy, just I need to look at her so I pull away still holding her back and she looks down at me with those doe-eyes that wrinkle each time she sees me. There's a little worry there, yes of course Peter. Of course, she's worried, you made her worry. But it's a soft stare, not a pitiful stare and that's what matters. I never wish she feels what I've experienced, not the senses situation but... also not the loss of someone close to her. Come on Peter. That's creepy, don't think about that.

"You know... today's my dad's birthday" Tannie slowly mentions, she licks her lips and I just want to do that for her, oh god, stop it Peter

with a frown, I clear my throat  "Today's May 29?" whoa not going to school definitely made me forget about time

Tannie nods and dries her cheek, probably from my damped hair "Stay?"

I huff at that but then look at her, oh she's serious

"For Mr. Starks's birthday? I think I'm not party-prepared?" 

I look down at the clothes Tannie kindly lent me, why does she have spare clothes? Oh my God, I'm wearing Mr. Stark's clothes?

"There's no party... there are not that many friends who can come" she explains and I open my mouth understanding "he wants to have a super lazy day... you are part of our family, he will like seeing you here... come on" she persuades me, I can't even say no to her

I feel the rush of anxiety forming in my chest, ok, Mr. Stark's birthday... oh man, I don't have any gift! what kind of guest arrives without a gift, a very rude, pretentious guest...

"Hey, I need to go to uh, ummm buy something for him" I move my legs under her and quickly stiff. I pinch my lips removing any inappropriate thoughts from my head. I guess my senses haven't dropped, right?

"Pff, no need..." she flutters her lashes at me as I gently grab her from her waist and reluctantly push her to my side

"Yes need... It's gonna be fast and uh... just... I owe him too much so... I'll find something" I stumble trying to stand on my feet, I grab my sneakers and hurriedly put them on "by the way, where is he?"

"at the spa" she replies making me frown again

"At the spa? doing what?" I ask her and she rolls her eyes, there's a witty comment coming for sure

"Milking cows of course... and maybe getting a massage?" she bites her bottom lip trying not to laugh

"Of course, that's what I thought..." I walk to her and kiss her head "I'll be fast"

But before I could spin she grabs my wrist stopping me

"I'm sorry to be that repetitive, are you sure you're ok?"

My heart melts at that.

I don't care if you're repetitive. You really can explain to me why the book 'Power to save the world' is your favorite book over and over again and I'll still hear it