21

Next day Principal Morita talked to us about the importance of studying and how we are nice and smart kids. Classes were ok and detention was last. Once again we watched the video of Captain America and his "cool" jokes. Michelle kindly handed me a sketch of my face with a grumpy expression. When I arrived from school my dad allowed me to do my homework but when I finished it he dragged me to his lab to start studying my powers.

Much to his dismay, my mom forced us to stop working on whatever we were doing there, by the way, he was surprised of what I can do and even if he admits or not, the notes Peter made when we were experimenting, were useful.

Next day was tolerable, Harley brought me cookies so you know what they say: One cookie a day keeps the sadness away or however, that goes... then at music Ned surprised Peter and me with his Lego thingy. Knowing me, I was following the manual but in just half an hour they build it and finally fricking detention. Honestly, I prefer to bear the load of work my dad obliges me to do in his lab rather than stay seated in detention hearing how Steve tries to be the good cop with us.

On Thursday, my mood was getting higher. I was once again focused on my homework but also focused on Peter. It was at fifth period when I realized I was staring at him, I mean, I've been staring at him in the other periods too but right now I'm creepily staring at him. Watching how his brows curve or his lips purse in a thin line, how he is playing with his stupid pen that says " Mr. Spock has a right ear, a left ear, and a final front ear". And that hair that falls perfectly in his forehead and that blue in the Midtown sweatshirt he's wearing... oh man probably I look so creepy right no-

"Miss Stark!" the teacher wakes me up "...care to tell us what type of vector this is" he points at the board and I sigh

"Yes, it's an Eigenvector, there's no scalar factor there" I speak up and the teacher nods leaving me in peace

I spin to Peter with the intention of daydreaming but he's looking at me with his thumbs up for my correct answer, I smile to him and probably that just made my Thursday better. Peter asks to go to the bathroom as I start focusing on the exercises. When he comes back, he hands the teacher the Hall Pass and cheerfully slumps in his seat.

I quirk my brow "umm did you met Stephen Hawking on the way to the bathroom?"

He shakes his head suppressing a smile "Nope... just happy... because I have a date for Homecoming"

I gasp "Stephen Hawking said yes?!"

Peter shyly laughs and tilts his head to me "Liz Toomes said yes" he whispers "I told her I like her, she said she knew that..."

My smile instantly drops as I rub my forehead

"I uh, totally forgot about Homecoming... it's this Saturday right?" he nods and I playfully poke his shoulder  "I'm happy for you! Now only you need to learn how to dance"

"Ha-ha May has good moves... hey, you're coming right?"

I rapidly nod turning my eyes to my notebook "oh... yes, yeah"

"With who? please don't say Flash, please don't say Flash. I heard him talking about asking you!"

I cringe and wrinkle my nose "God no! I'm going with Harley"

Make him jealous!

"Oh yeah, he is a great dancer and he likes... uhum to dance and ... potatoes" I mutter and internally I slap myself

"Great! we can like double-date? or maybe double dance? I don't know how Homecoming works" he offers and I nod

The teacher shushes and threatens us to send us to detention but we're already there so, give me your best shot. When I arrive at my house I join my dad at his lab munching a protein bar knowing very well this is going to be the only source of food until night. I step inside and see him swiveling in his chair.