108

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

"Put the next ones, bro..."

"All the yellow ones, right?"

"Yep, and then I'll put the blue ones"

"Awesome"

I move my eyes away from the textbook to the surface of the table, the small runway Ned and Peter are doing is made out of Skittles and M&M's, since the beginning of the break they've been doing that.

"Looks good. Very colorful" I add

Peter passionately nods and softly nudges me "Thanks, Q.T. It's entertaining"

"Sure it is" MJ affirms placing down another copy of the textbook I was reading "Did you at least cleaned the table before putting that on top?"

"Uh, sure. We did" Ned quickly mutters

MJ only nods without believing a single word he said "Okay, Stark... who wrote most of the Early Colonial American history?"

"Easy, John Smith" I state and bring the last bunch of grapes to my mouth 

"Good. Now, you say one Revolutionary writer and then I say another one. Is that ok?"

"Fine. I'll start with John Adams"

"Abigail Adams"

"J. Hector St. Jean de Crevecoeur"

"Benjamin Franklin"

"Thomas Jefferson"

"Thomas Paine" MJ makes a satisfied nod "Good, n-"

"No, you missed Edward Taylor and John Smith" Peter interrupts

"Uh, nope" I whisper "Those are not Revolutionary writers, handsome"

His brown brows are drawn together and he places one skittle on his mouth "No... they are... right, bro?"

"Uh?" Ned absentmindedly hums "What?"

"Parker, those are puritan writers " MJ turns her book to Peter who doesn't even glance at the pages "Like William Bradford..."

He huffs stopping with the candy-building "Can we go back to the definition of puritan writings? Please?"

"Sure!" I chirp and flip the pages "It's not that hard... we have sermons, religious poems or tracts..."

"Tann-"

I click my tongue "Also some religious diaries"

"Tan-"

"Anne Bradstreet is also a puritan wri-"

"Q.T.!"

I turn to Peter who is widely staring at me "What? Come on, it's easy to remember"

"No... uh... look" he moves his head for me to turn it around

I frown in confusion "Don't try to change the subject..." I snort at his puzzled face"We also have interpretations of... " I move my head to where he is saying and... "...God..."

Three men and one woman, neatly dressed in black suits are in front of our table, their stoic faces are quite alarming. And then my ears catch the shift in the atmosphere. The cafeteria which once was filled with boisterous chattering about who knows what is now completely quelled.

"Uh"

"I am no God, Miss Stark" the man closer to the table speaks and softly smirks "I need a word with you, please" I keep looking to the three other people just one step behind him and he clears his throat "Sorry, this is Pearson, Burleigh, and Liesink. Please? They gave us a classroom to talk"