109

Friday, December 1st, 2017

"We should prove to them who is the boss"

"Nope. That's the opposite of what I'm saying Flash"

"Just think about it, Mr. Harrington. We arrive with our coolest duds, I arrive in my amazing car.... I can only give a ride to one person. I vote for Tannie, we can be the power couple of the team and then you all arrive and we make the best entrance ever"

"I'll give you an answer next meeting, ok?" Mr. Harrington politely shrugs off the idea and starts sliding some printed forms to us "Don't forget to sign these, well, not you... your parents, ok? Yes, Tannie?"

"Um, our absence will be justified, right?"

"Oh! that's what I was going to ask" Cindy chirps "Will they?"

"Thanks for asking, Tannie. Yes, I talked with Morita and they will be justified" he smiles at us and stands up making the chair shrieking so hard against the floor we all wince "Sorry... I'll need the forms next Monday, we leave the next Tuesday, ok? Be punctual and have fun on your weekend my brainies!"

We all wave goodbye and I lean on the chair with a sigh "Hey, it's starting... you should get going" I whisper at the awaiting body next to mine 

Peter stops shaking his right leg and gives me a quick smile "Yeah! Yeah! I'll text you when I'm out, ok?" he pulls his chair back and fastly kisses my cheek with a loud 'muack' "Wish me luck!"

"You destroy them... you too Ned, good luck"

Ned's smiley face appears from Peter's side and he gets up as well "Thanks, Tan-Tan... come on, the thing's starting. Bye guys!"

They hum at them, their wiggly bodies disappear from the library and MJ tries to speak but Flash's dramatic grunt makes us all turn to him.

"What now, Flash?" Abe monotonously asks

"I just... I can't believe we're not taking our chances to show that our school rules the place"

"They are in a different district, Flash. We can't rule all the districts" MJ mutters

"Uh... duh! We can... I could do it in my sleep. Ok, my idea is that we act like-"

"Like you?" Charles adds "That's your plan?"

"I'm just brainstorming... something no one here is doing. Except you, Tannie" he winks at me "Hey, where's Captain Klutz and Lieutenant Dum?"

I turn my eyes at him giving a blank expression "Just to be clear, who is who?"

"It's obvious, Parker is Captain Klutz and Leeds is the Lieutenant..." he explains in a matter of fact voice and clueless about my stare

"Right..." I huff and pull my seat back "I'm gonna go now. See you all next Tuesday"

"No! Don't go! We still need to build a plan!" Flash begs with his hands in front of his chest

I hum dragging my backpack from the backrest "Oh, I'm sure you have everything under control General Stoosh"

Mostly all of them sniggers at the nickname, except him who furrows in confusion at the word.'Bye, Tannie!' is collectively heard when I open the doors of the library and start walking to the other set of doors that lead to the football field

"Hey! Stark, wait for me!" I spin seeing MJ sliding from the closing doors and she joins me with a loud exhale "Thanks... uh, do you mind if I stay here with ya?"

"Oh, sure... I was going to wait for Peter and Ned on the bleachers"

She nods "Where are they though?"