127

Monday, January 8, 2018

Returning to school, thus, returning to a routine that I like; it implies a consistency that I enjoy to follow. If I remember correctly, last year when I was returning to school after Christmas break my mind was a puzzle of thoughts, the only thing I was certain about was that I was going to become a Junior and the thing I was the most uncertain about was about Peter returning the feelings after that Christmas kiss. Now, things took a complete change and I don't like that... I love it. 

One, two, three, four... more than thirty people get out of the wagon, me included at the beginning of the crowd so I have to quicken my steps before the horde smushes me to the ground. I jog downstairs and smile at the sight of Midtown and the football field already filled with training students. I cross the damp grass near the bleachers trying to dodge the people running and zigzagging obstacles, the high rail gets closer and the avalanche of students starts getting even bigger and noisier; I snort at the familiar face of Flash who now doesn't return driving his car but he does it walking.

"Hey! You survive the walking"

He turns to me with a prepared snarling smirk but when he sees me he sighs "Oh, hey Tannie Stark... and barely, my feet hurt already. But you can always give me a ride with your personal chauffeur" he tries to flutter his eyes making me snort while we dodge a group of students walking the opposite direction

"My chauffeur? Sure, I have a different one each day, you know?"

"Whoa, you're so lucky! What else?"

"Uhm, it's fast"

"I bet. Your dad's tech is awesome"

"And it's very quiet, everyone is in their business"

He frowns, clearly confused "What?"

"Flash... I take the subway to get here"

We continue to walk through the hectic crowd, he lowers his eyes with a harder frown "Wait, what?!"

"The subway, the one with 472 stations. I bet you know it so, yes, you can always join me there to come here" I mumble trying to stop laughing as I start turning right to my locker

"That's not funny!!!" he shouts "I promise I can pick you up when my car's brake system is fixed!!"

"I thought it was the battery!!" I exclaim back already losing him in the horde and finally laughing out loud with the quick roasting and start focusing on not getting smashed with how fast some people are walking

I eventually make it to the beginning of the stairs where the mural of Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Marie Curie, and of course, my grandfather. I take a quick look at his face and rapidly turn to the first floor. I lean to the sides trying to see if I catch Peter's body at his locker or at least Ned's whos locker is four apart and yes, he's there.

"Locker Police, what you do you have there, sir?" my grave voice appears and Ned flinches back and sighs "Hey!"

"Tannie! Oh..." Ned swiftly crushes me to him in a hug "Missed you these five days and here I have my mom's Christmas gift... a bunch of stickers so I can paste them here"

"Cool, let me see them" I grab the packages of stickers and start looking at them while Ned shoves books and notebooks to his backpack

"I thought Peter was coming with you" he says

I only snort "You already know what happened"

"Ah, he slept in" he chuckles with a cheeky smile, "I told him to start sleeping at decent hours"