23

I stretch my arms and yawn. My eyes flutter adjusting to the light in my room. A shaft of the sun coming inside. I swing my legs to the floor, my bare feet settling against the cold tiles and everything seems unusually quiet... I approach the hallway and hear nothing, then I enter the kitchen and see nothing. I turn the TV on trying to find the news channel when I see it I sit on the couch hearing all about it. The United States government is immediately starting a case for Adrian Toomes. Pictures of yesterday's crash... oh what about Liz?

"People reported being just inches away from the plane crash, different videos are all over social media where we can see Adrian Toomes fighting with two superheroes, one known as Spider-Man and the other, as people heard, goes for the name of Quantum. Damage Control is now closing the area and Toomes is held under the custody of the United States"

"ahem!" someone coughs behind me and I turn around "...you know... your dad told me about the suit..." Happy paces slowly next to me and sit

I lean on the couch and shrug "well... you can get the suit out of the girl but you can't get Quantum out of her.."

Happy shakes his head and sighs "your dad is coming"

"All the way from Finland, huh?" 

"Yeah, he was trying some fish pie when I told him what happened... he ended the call before I could blink"  he explains "are you hurt?"

I shake my head and smile at him "Nope, I'm fine. Thanks for asking"

He nods and rubs his eyes "What about Parker?"

"He's ok. Probably still sleeping"

His chest falls with a long sigh as he mutters an 'okay'

"Jesus... Your mom is so clueless, Tannie. I need to go, Damage Control wants a meeting with me... please just for one day stay here and do nothing"

I snort and nod "Definitely my plan for today"

He strides away leaving me alone again. I start preparing breakfast and lay on the couch. Wait, my phone... where..? Oh, who cares. A rush of exhaustion grows inside and I close my eyes while the white noise of the TV lulls me.

My body jumps awake while my hands grip the cushions below me. I catch a breath noticing that dusk is already settling outside and the dim light of the TV still flickering in front of me. I slump my head back to the couch and turn the volume on... Toomes' trial will be held in D.C.

I peek at my dad's lab, then at my parent's room. Still no one there. I walk to my room and let out a sigh. Seriously? School tomorrow? after, after what happened yesterday? How I'll be able to go back to a 'normal' routine? Unwillingly,  I start picking my outfit for tomorrow and organizing my books. My stomach grunts with hunger so I go to the kitchen and start cooking dinner, I prepare my mom a plate with a little note.

I spin to my room again asking FRIDAY to tell me everything that's been happening on social media. Different displays of social platforms and the one that captures my attention is the list pf trending Hashtags: #TheNewYorkDuo, #SpiderMan, #Quantum, #ConeyIsland and #IfIwasASuperhero.

A childish laugh escapes my lips turning off the holograms and closing my room.

------------------

My morning was absolutely normal, my mom was not there and my dad as well. I ate my breakfast and hopped on the car, Happy told me that the plane stuff was already at the compound. I asked him about my dad but he told me he was still talking to the government. He dropped me off and I start walking to school. Distant chitchat and laughs all over the hallway. Lockers closing and doors opening. So normal yet so weird.