80

Without really knowing what to expect of this whole day with my mom, I try to wake up early even though it's a freaking Sunday, go to the treadmill, shower, change and finally eat breakfast. I put some cartoons on the TV while washing the few dishes on the sink. It's already 10:35 am when I pace back to my parent's room at the end of the hall, the door is closed so silently I push it open seeing my dad belly down and slightly snoring. I chuckle closing it again as the ringtone of my phone echoes in the hall. I jog to my room seeing my mom calling, with a frown I slide it. 

"Uh... mom?"

"Hey, baby! Good morning... are you ready?" her vivid voice rumbles 

"Yeah, sure. For what exactly?"

"You'll see, baby... I'm already at my office"

"Great" I start walking to the hall again "Do you need anything from here?"

"Just you, muack!" she ends the call

While walking to the main lift I send Peter a quick message

The floor that connects to the working area is located on the fourth floor which merely consists of a wide-open space with white and black ottomans scattered throughout the zone

The floor that connects to the working area is located on the fourth floor which merely consists of a wide-open space with white and black ottomans scattered throughout the zone. I walk more than I thought until I reach another lift at the end of the connection 'bridge', the enumeration of the floors are different from the residence part, this one has more which I assume are the multiple departments within. Funny now that I think about it... I haven't made my usual tour of each corner of the office thing. Well, just as yesterday I didn't know we had a shooting range in the house so maybe I first need to know my home and then the office.

The doors open on the seventh floor, the one where all the managing structure operates and where my mom's office is. A minimalistic almost blinding white waiting area is on my right and a small desk reception on my left. I jerk my head to the girl behind it as she smiles at me, poor girl working on a Sunday. The white carpet leads me to a wide hallway where multiple glass doors are placed on either side, the only one that has a matte finish and two doors instead of one is all the way to the back, my instinct says that's my mom's so I start walking there. Conference room to my left, empty offices to my right. I knock three times as I here a quick 'come in'.

"Heyyyyyyy" I peek my head inside

It's the same as her last office back in Los Angeles, maybe smaller but the furniture is the same exactly in the same position.

"Baby! Oh, come here!!" she stands up as I fully slide inside, her black heels clacking on the wooden floor as her pencil skirt barely flinches with the move

"Morning" I mutter when she embraces me and shakes me side to side

"Morning, T... mmmmmck!" with a loud kiss on the side of my head she holds my hand dragging me to her desk "Got a great day ahead of us!"

"Really? Like..... what?"

My mom spins and slumps down on the chair next to mine "Sit..." she pats the spare cushioned chair