65

One week later

Monday, August 7, 2017

"That's very good news. The readers of 'Horse and Hound' will be absolutely delighted..." Hugh Grant aka. William says to Anna

"Yes -- Anna -- how long are you intending to stay here in Britain?" An interviewer asks

"Indefinitely..."

A long sigh escapes my lips... A tear rolls down my cheek... What a romantic movie... I shift on the couch as I turn my eyes to Peter. I quirk a brow at him because he's watching me with a dopey smile on his face. I jerk my head and mouth a 'what'. He giggles and watches the screen again without saying anything. 

"By far the most amazing movie ever!" Ned sighs and brings his hands to his heart "What do you think?"

"I'm tearing up... Notting Hill is amazing" I sniff and rub Ned's shoulder who's sitting in the floor leaning against the base of the couch

"Peter?" Ned spins to look at his best friend

"oh yeah, definitely a good movie... beautiful if you ask me..." he says it looking at me and I wince at his utterly romantic behavior 

"Told you... you should listen to me more often... Hey, Tannie, did you bring the Lego pieces?" Ned asks and I nod swinging my legs to the floor and walking to my purse

"Of course, I brought Kylo Ren's shuttle and uh... the droid commander"

"A-MA-ZING!" Ned chants as I place the lego pieces in the center table

"So... I'm gonna go now, you two have fun" I ruffle Ned's hair while he snorts

I advert my eyes to Peter who is still sitting on the couch. The coquettish smile he was flashing at me throughout the movie is gone, replaced with a pout now. I snort and snatch my purse, avoiding the profound staring. I walk behind the couch and place my palm on his shoulder lowering my head to his side to place a kiss on his cold smooth cheek.

"See you handsome..."

Peter tries to spin his head quickly to give a peck to my lips but I giggle and dodge it. He pouts harder as I only turn around to the doorway. Before I could step to the hallway, Peter slides next to me.

"You really have to go?" his over-bright eyes fixated in mine

"Yep... dad wants me to help him with something and train..."

Peter huffs scratching his eye "okay... I guess"

I snort at how desperate he looks, but yeah, I do look and sound the same when he needs to go away. I lean to him to give him the peck I previously swerved. The quick contact of my lips in his seems it's not enough for him. He tries again to make it last longer but I chuckle and slide away.

I just walk away to the hallway and hear him yell "Miss you already!"

"Oh, don't worry... we'll see each other again!" I yell back and step into the lift to the roof

Once I land in the launchpad, I walk inside the compound and then to the lab. As soon as I open the door I laugh out loud at the view. Uncle Rhodey on top of a bench, wearing Mark IV and stretching his arms to the side allowing the tailor, my dad, to fully work on it. 'Eye of the Tiger' is playing in the background.

"Hey!!" I raise my voice and both turn to me, Rhodey only waving and my dad only jerks his head as a greeting

I stroll deeper into the lab and curiously peek to the spread things on top of the long tables... circuit boards, screwdrivers, nails, blah, blah, blah. I sigh sitting on a bench just seeing what my dad is doing. He's working on the small compartments on Rhodey's legs.