124

Sunday, December 31, 2017

"Okay, next... I think I need to start cleaning my room at least weekly"

"That's a nice one. Maybe also add organizing your closet"

Peter softly groans "Weekly?!!"

"Well, you wear clothes daily, right? Okay, maybe one deep cleaning every two weeks but you make sure that no piece of clothing touches the floor"

"I like that. Yeah, sounds better... let me just write that... so, the chair I have for clothes is viable, right?"

"It shouldn't be but... your clothes' chair will forever be your clothes' chair so... I guess it can stay"

"Good! I like this. What else? Any more resolutions for me?"

"Uhmmmm... oh, stop seeing memes on Reddit instead of sleeping"

His face contorts into a pout through the screen "How do you know... that?"

"I wake up with at least ten new memes, which have Reddit's watermark and oh sure... you send them to me at midnight. I'm not Sherlock to know that"

"Right... ok, ok... I'll write that too. Next... I was thinking about start dressing with style"

I quirk my brow at him "What?"

"Yeah! Uh, maybe match stuff, you know? Like you do!"

"I don't know what to address first, the fact that you say I dress with style or the fact you say you don't"

"Tannie, you match your clothes. You like to use monochromatic pieces and you look awesome. I mean, even if you didn't do that you would look awesome. And me? I think I just like plaid stuff too much"

"Don't you dare throw your plaid shirts, those plaid shirts are great. People sometimes underestimate them and you look amazing in plaid stuff"

Peter shakes his head "For a moment I think you love plaid stuff more than you love me"

"Correction. I love you in plaid stuff. If President Ellis goes and starts wearing plaid stuff that's iuck... you are the perfect model for plaid stuff. Period"

"I think I'm always wearing jeans and sneakers..." he mumbles

"What? You want to use suits now?"

"No, but maybe... just... have style"

"Your style is your style. Sorry but 'Dressing with style' as your New Year resolution is not plausible for me. You already dress with style"

He thinks for a moment and bows his head to start writing "I'm going to write that I will start ironing my clothes. That's better, right?"

I definitely nod at that "And that resolution just got upgraded. Yes"

"I'll ask May to teach me how to use the iron" he absentmindedly mutters "Next... oh! I know, improve my Spanish"

"What do you mean? You're fluent!"

"Uh-uh, nope. I can talk back but I still need to increase my vocabulary. Maybe one of those online sites could help... how do you say you learned Spanish?"

"Uh, my mom hired a personal teacher, Miss Pérez... but she used to give me cookies for me to learn new verbs so..."

"Online sites then... now, last ones. Patrol more in the South of Brooklyn because sometimes I get lazy but I'll do it. Also, night patrol should be more constant... yeah, that" he mumbles scribbling down and ends with a sigh "Last but not least, I think I should learn to cook"