114

"I can't believe this"

"Here's the tea, sweetheart"

"Thanks, Laura"

"I-I just can't..."

"Want some sugar, Peter?"

"Oh! Please... yeah, thank you, ma'am"

"This is crazy"

"You know what? I'm gonna bring the butter cake"

"Please! Thanks so much"

"No worries"

"I just...."

My eyes land again on the perplexed face, a finger touching his lips and he thoughtfully stares at me. His white and red checkered shirt hugs his chest and he rapidly blinks.

"Hi..." I mutter at him

Clint just sighs and leans on the wooden table outside of his porch. He sniffs and rubs his temple "I... let's just wait until the butter cake. Need some sugar right now"

I let out a soft snort and lean back to my chair "Sure... uh... you look great!"

He doesn't stop blinking and before he can answer, Laura steps out with a rectangular cake in one hand and a set of plates in the other. Peter rapidly jumps to his feet to help her and he places the forks and plates on the wooden door. My eyes instantly avert to Clint, he hasn't even asked about Peter and he's surely not showing whatever he's feeling... well, apart from confusion.

"I baked it last night" Laura brushes her hands in the dark green sweater and sits down next to Clint

"Looks awesome" I add while she starts cutting it "Thanks"

"Uhum, sweetheart...... Clint, just start asking" Laura urges

"I mean..." his arms fly in the air and he leans to his chair "You are here... and..."

"Brings memories, right?" I chuckle "Germany..."

"I.... if I remember correctly a lot of things went wrong in that airport" he states and looks at Peter who is already taking a bite of the cake "We're talking about a-"

"Oh, he was there... Clint" I whisper

His forehead wrinkles while fixated on Peter "There as...?"

"Shooting webs"

Peter senses that it's his time to talk, he puts the plate down and quickly looks at me and then back at Clint "Uh... I mean, I was there... I fought there. Good times, I mean, no.... bad times but... yeah... I'm Spider-Man" he finishes with a confident nod

Clint huffs and points at him directly "Spider-Man?"

"Yeah"

Laura quickly turns to see Clint, both with parted lips and Clint pinches his lips "I.... okay... this is... getting weirder and weirder... I mean, you are Spider-Man and you are here..."

"Eat some cake" Lauran pats his shoulder "Tannie, uh... cake?"

"Please, thanks" I don't take my eyes off the bemused face of Clint "So I-"

"You really sneaked into yet another airplane, brought Mr. Spider-Man with ya' and now you are drinking tea?"

"Nope. No. That's where you're wrong... I didn't sneak"

"That's hard to believe" he states

"I... you saw that we came with Officer Stuart, right?"

"They did, honey" Laura adds