128

A/N: I wanted to make it just a teensy bit visual just for all of us to remember how Midtown and Peter's place actually looks. :D thx for reading and all my best wishes for this 2021!

Friday, January 12, 2018

"And... repeat..."

"I don't know who Spider-Man could be. I bet it's a dude that likes circus stuff, for all the swinging. How he webs? Nylon thread maybe. And Quantum? She seems to be experienced, maybe she's thirty"

"Awesome, you got it, right?"

Peter gulps giving a frantic nod "I-I think so, yeah. I'm not sweaty, right?"

I shake my head as my hands gently brush his shoulders and quickly tug the light fabric of his blue sweater "You'll be fine, just stick to that line"

"What uh, what are you going to say?"

I shift my backpack balancing its weight on my two shoulders "Uh... I'm working on it. Betty mentioned she wanted to ask me more giving the fact that.... last year you said you once saw Spider-Man and Quantum at Stark Industries"

He huffs "I did say that... sorry..."

"Don't worry, I'll be ok"

Peter looks around the empty hall "Who else was asked to talk?"

"Betty said she already filmed Harrington and Michelle... I asked her what did Michelle say and she told me she said 'I don't who they are but I have my suspicions'..."

"Do you think she... has us on her radar?"

"I really can't tell. She's quiet about it... but I think that seeing you filling Stark Industries forms kind of helps covering it up"

"Yeah, yeah, that was a great idea... ok... let's go out" he sighs forming a close-mouthed smile and his fingers rapidly search for mine

We walk to the bustling cafeteria and see Ned and MJ talking in the usual table so we go to them before stepping out into the field.

"Finished smooching?" MJ mutters, a smirk coming through while she eats a nugget

I snort "Yeah we did"

"We uh, we're actually going out for a quick interview" Peter mentions rubbing his cheeks, something he does to try to remove the blush

"Ah, you were also asked" MJ mutters "What do you think, Stark? Who they could be?"

I feel how Peter's fingers grip tighter, I discreetly squeeze his hand back and shrug at MJ "Who knows... talking about age range? I would say both are not that old, at least not like Steve or my dad"

"Huh... so you say they are young? Interesting" she states

"A middle point. Not too old, maybe both in their late twenties. They seem to know fighting tactics and stuff"