17

With soreness on the back of my head, a pulsating feeling in the middle of my forehead, and my muscles by far overstretched with yesterday's activity, I walk to the infirmary to grab some ibuprofen from a cabinet. Then I stroll to the kitchen to eat breakfast, as soon as I grab a bowl a small circular drone floats beside me making me flinch and squeal in panic. Friday displays a hologram with my dad's face.

"Miss Stark, your dad is calling" 

Oh man

"Hello? Tannie?" my dad's disembodied voice appears

I clear my throat and spin to the fridge "Hey dad! How are you?"

"Oh I'm so great I'm in India, there's this Gulab Jamun and I ate too much I probably gained like 4 pounds"

I sigh leaning my head against the cold surface of the fridge. Good, for how his voice sounds, he seems clueless about yesterday.

"That sounds great, the part of the Indian sweets... what are you doing there?" I ask pouring milk on my bowl of cereal

"Yesterday I went to this fancy wedding and today I have a meeting with an important sir... I forgot his name, just wanted to see if you were ok"

"Oh yeah, so good dad, yesterday I was doing my homework... nothing too interesting"

"Hah, I knew you were doing that... you're such a good student T, unlike me to be honest, you're more like your mom in that thing. By the way. how's your mom?"

"Busier and bossier each day but she's fine. You should probably bring her some of that Gulab uh..."

"Gulab Jamun... yeah, good idea T. Need to go but be careful, study hard, kick asses" he ends the call and the drone flies away

I sigh once again rubbing my temple and taking a spoonful of cereal. Minutes later I receive a text. I quickly unlock it hoping it's Peter but it's not.

 I quickly unlock it hoping it's Peter but it's not

I take my stuff and jog to the car. Happy was not happy today. He narrates me the ups and downs, mostly downs of the assets management thing which is harder than he thought. He questions me why I'm rubbing my head so much and I notice I've been doing it unconsciously. I explain that I fell from the bed. Oh, wait no. A fricking trash can hit me while I was being dragged through the street along with Spider-Man. 

In Economics, Peter was nowhere to be seen. I couldn't make any jokes so it was boring. I waited patiently for the second period but he wasn't there, third... he wasn't there. If I text him? isn't that clingy? I then went to the break with Harley, he distracted me from the worry growing in my chest and stomach. The bell buzzes and I run to my next class but my shoes shriek at the abrupt stop. I think I've been wasting too much time debating what to do... What if he's injured? alone?  I grab my phone and dial his number

"Tannie hey!... yeah it's Tannie" He whispers and I frown 

"Parker...you missed three classes"