Chapter 9: Red and Blue

Depuis le début

Hearing loud and hard footsteps pounding on the wooden floor they started getting louder. Her eyes popped open when she realized she hadn't locked her bedroom door. And just as she remembered, the sound of an opening door croaked out from outside the closet.

There was a whistle. Neither her father nor mother could do said action.

Gulping she breathed quietly as her body trembled. Feeling the palms of her hands getting hotter and sweatier by the minute she couldn't hold still. "Please go away. Please go away. Please go away." She said silently to herself.

From her hiding place she could hear the footsteps wandering through her room. Hearing her drawers opening and closing, along with a shatter of glass and loud thunder of what she presumed were books being dropped her heart sank.

"Kaila." A man called for her. "Would you do me favor and come out of hiding. I'd like to speak with you." He said rather calmly in a deep voice.

However, she knew better. Shaking her head for only the darkness to see, she stayed hidden away.

"Kaila. Come out, come out, wherever you are." His deep voice hummed out at her. "I don't like to be kept waiting." She remembered vividly how much deeper his voice got.

'Go away. Go away. Go away.' She thought to herself too afraid to even open her mouth anymore. Feeling her face growing hotter she felt herself becoming flushed from how hard it was becoming to breathe. With no exchange of air, she began to panic as the fear of suffocating settled into her mind.

Trying to rationalize the situation only made it worst as she panicked more. It didn't help that the man only a few feet away from her sounded like he was circling the room.

What should have been a few minutes turned into nearly an hour. The man was persistent. He wasn't leaving, and neither was she. Being done with the standoff he grunted irritated, "Kaila get out from wherever you are now! Don't think that staying quiet will protect you! Because I will tear this room to shreds if I have to! You're mother said you were in here! So get out!"

Staying quiet she remembered a tear slipping out. Her heart was slowly breaking as she listened to him.

And just when she thought things couldn't get any worst she finally heard her mother call out. "Kaila!" But she didn't sound worried nor protective for the girl, instead she sounded desperate.

Desperate for her husband.

"Kaila come out now please!" She begged of her. "You're fathers going to be arrested if you don't."

Gulping Kaila put her hand back against her mouth. Shaking her head she didn't want to give in to them yet, she knew it was her job to stay hidden for her safety.

But again her mother called out. "Kaila please! You're the only one who can fix this!"

Feeling another tear slip out she gulped as she warily grabbed hold of the false wall. Her shaking hands made it extremely difficult to move it out of the way.

"Ah. There you are." She heard a man say as she stepped out. Wiping the tears from her eyes she stood before him. Looking up slowly Kaila remembered how she felt when she first met the man who would become her enemy.

Without saying anything else he eyed the girl. "You'll do perfectly." He reached out to grab her arm but the girl reacted backing away. Growling in disapproval he lunged forwards grabbing hold of her wrist violently as he dragged her out of her room and out to the living room where her mother was collapsed in the front door doorframe watching as her father sat in the back of a cop car.

With a man guarding the door he couldn't escape. "Pleasure doing business with you." The man holding Kaila's wrist said towards her mother on the ground.

Before Kaila even had a chance to ask questions or retaliate he grabbed her again, only this time tougher than before. "Mom! Mom!" Her heart raced as she remembered the anxiety and fear running through her body. "What's happened?!" She turned towards the man.

But he ignored her. Pulling her along with him the man leaned towards the officer guarding her father in the back of his car. "Let him go. I got my money." She could see him glance down at her as the officer nodded.

Releasing her father from the car and taking his cuffs off, Kaila watched in horror as her father joined her mother in their home while the man holding her dragged her away. "Keep quiet before I make this worst for you than it already is." The man told her as he shoved her into the backseat of his car.

Putting her hands against the cold window she stared in pure terror as her family and home was taken away from her. She watched as the people who were suppose to protect her suddenly were no longer apart of her world. But for as heartbreaking as it was, she couldn't turn away from it. She watched the entire time as the house turned into nothing but a speck of dust.

"Goodbye." She remembered whispering to herself as she took her hands off the window. Feeling now a stream of tears running down her cheeks she zoned out coming back to current times.

Finding she had now made her way towards her window, she was kneeled resting her hand against her window looking out into the now dimly lit world.

Getting up carefully she curled in her new bed hiding away under the covers as she cried herself to sleep for the night.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think about Kaila's past. Thanks Lexx signing off