Chapter 7: Worlds Apart

Start from the beginning

"Do you think they'll stay once they find out about us?" Nina could hear the shakiness to her wife's voice. While her heart wasn't at ease either, she didn't want her wife knowing it. Mustering up the strength she swallowed her fears as she pressed a kiss onto Lain's head.

"I think everything will be fine."

"What about Faye?" Lain asked nervously.

"I think it's going to be difficult for her at first. That's for sure. She isn't used to having other people around, let alone two new people. I think when the time comes we can settle that, but for now we've got two girls we need to help." Leaning out of her wife's embrace Nina held onto her hands tightly as they locked eyes.

"Everything is going to be okay. It's just going to take time."

Nodding with somewhat relief Lain's tense shoulders dropped.

"Ready to show them around now?" Nina checked.

"Did you hide everything in Faye's room?"

"Yeah I got the last of her stuff hidden away in there last night. And the door should be locked so we don't have to worry about that."

Taking one last final deep breathe of relief Lain dropped one of her hands to her side as the other stayed locked into her wife's touch. As they put the dishes away carefully they finally joined the little girls in the other room.

"So who's ready to get a house tour?" Nina announced enthusiastically as they made an appearance.

Quickly ceasing their conversation the two girls stood up from their seats nodding. "Now we can either show you upstairs first or down here first. Pick your poison." Lain joked as the girls barely moved in response.

"Down." Kaila responded finally after realizing Lauren was not going to suggest one.

"Then follow me." Nina lead the way with Lain trailing behind all of them. Taking them from the dinning room and into the living room she waved her arms around showing it off. "As you already know this is our living room. We're currently missing some stuff in here, it's doesn't normally have this much open space." She chuckled.

"Usually there's always a mess in here that's why." Lain said to herself silently from the back as she watched a memory play out in her head.

Moving on from that space Nina lead them into a spare bedroom. Neither of the girls had stayed in this room last night but by the massive size bed not even taking up a quarter of the room they wished they had. The rooms they woke up in were slightly smaller than this.

"Next we have my office space." Nina slid open a pair of sliding doors revealing a hidden away room with a large flat screen computer on top of a wooden desk with a library of books surrounding the walls.

"I work on my company from home so I'm in here for most of the mornings doing meetings and sending emails. Just the usual boring side of work. You girls won't have to worry about it, Lain normally has something planned for you all in the morning anyways—well that's if you wake up that early it is." Nina said chuckling slightly. "We have many rules around the house but there's one that pertains to my office alone, which is not to go in the room unless I say so. There's a lot of valuable documents and I can't have those disappearing."

Respecting their rules the girls nodded. Being shown the more boring aspects of the house the girls eventually finished their ground tour. Having moved up the stairs the two women showcased the two girls rooms to one another.

And much like the room Kaila woke up in, Lauren's was extremely plain with no clothes in her open drawers. "We told you girls we wanted you to pick out your own clothes." Lain said addressing the full drawer space just collecting dust. "Tomorrow we'll go to the mall and you can pick out whatever you want to decorate your rooms and whatever clothes you want."

Kaila felt excited just thinking about getting her own things, but the thought of having to repay the women didn't sit lightly with her. She didn't want to have to be debt to yet another set of people. As her uneasy mind continued spiraling into a void of thoughts about tomorrow, the young girl joined the others as they moved on.

As they showed the girls where to find the bedrooms were, they had passed by a shut door.

That door just so happened to be the furthest from the couples bedroom. Even Kaila and Lauren's room were closer to them.

But something the girls noticed was that the door they had just passed by has been the only door shut they had encountered this entire time being on tour. And the curiosity of what was inside has already began to blossom in their heads.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off