𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆!

Start from the beginning

Lina does still feel guilty about sleeping with Damon and so she hasn't seen Caroline much since then.

"Yeah, sorry, I've been totally MIA, but here I am. And now you will forever be stuck in a world of Lina," she smiles and taps Caroline's nose.

Caroline giggles happily, "go sit at a table! I'll meet you there soon."

Lina abides and sits down at an empty table where a waiter approaches her. She orders a large sprite and buttered pretzels.

As she waits for her stuff to come, Damon sits down in front of her.

"Aw, you look sad," he pouts, "did somebody hurt your feelings?"

She narrows her eyes at him, "fuck off, Damon. I don't have the capacity to deal with you today."

He just smirks at her, "seriously, you look upset. Why?"

She starts thinking before sarcastically saying, "Oh shoot, I don't know, Damon. I'm gonna have to think about that one. Oh! Right! I think it's because you're talking to me."

"Ouch. You look bored. Come on, Lina, I know how you are. Let loose, have fun, live a little. Hell, hook up with someone. Say, me?"

"Been there, done that. Not worth a second time around," she replies with a devilish smile as her pretzels and sprite arrives. "I'd rather die. Again."

"Ooo, that actually hurt. You know I was right before. You do remind me of Katherine."

"Hm, this Katherine woman again?" she sighs, "come on Damon, move on. Stefan clearly has but... you seem a bit stuck," she takes a sip from her sprite. "I mean, gosh, it's been a century and a half, get over it. Now get the hell away from me."

"Hm," Damon says and stands up from her table, leaving.

***

Elena

"She what!?" my sister screams into the phone.

"Lina she looks exactly like us," I say exasperatedly. "It was Katherine and she had our face," I tell her once again.

"Bitch stole my face!?"

"Our face," I correct her.

"Same damn thing," Lina sighs as if she's trying to calm herself down, "what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know," I admit, "can I come to get you though?"

"Yeah, I'll be waiting."

***

narrator

Elena didn't know how much this revelation truly hurt Lina. Knowing this hurt her deeply but she hides it well.

As soon as Elena ends the call, Lina drops the phone to the floor and sits on her bed, staring at her closed bathroom door.

For once since Tyler, she thought someone actually liked her for her. Even if it was Damon.