Chapter 86:

"Don't come near Jake! The bed is mine" I say selfishly and occupy the whole bed with my limbs.
Jake chuckles.
"Come on Nicole! I need to sleep for crying out loud"
"No! Why don't you just stand there and be my bodyguard?"
"I would love to, but the sleep wouldn't go away" He retorts and sits on the edge of the bed in a grey sweater and navy shorts. The navy really matched his complexion.

"I never knew navy could look so good on you Jake" I compliment and I see a tinge of red on his cheeks.
"I've heard that so many times" he says and I laugh.
"But I am glad I got to hear it from you and from now on, I'll wear navy more often. Plus you look good in my black turtleneck sweater"
It warms my heart and I mentally pat myself for complimenting him. I quickly take my gaze off him and look out of the window.  It's dark and the full moon was out with the stars. The snow kept on falling. I quickly pick up my socks. I almost forgot it. I slip them on and Jake chuckles.

"What?!" I demand.
"Nothing! Its just that your socks are so cute"
I huff and continue to slip on the rainbow coloured pair.
"Won't you wear yours?" I query and he smirks.
"I've already worn them" he replies and lifts up his right leg to show me his black sock.
"That's nice"
I shift in order to create room for him on the bed and pull the sheets up to my chest.

"Someone's cold" he taunts
"I'm not! I'm just keeping myself warm so that I won't have to feel cold" I snap back.
"But the heater is on"
"Have you ever heard the saying Prevention is better than cure?"
He chuckles amused and gets under the sheets.

"Are you ready for the trip?" He asks wiggling his shaggy eyebrows at me. I just sigh in response.
"It is tomorrow right?"
Jake nods and touches my cheek.
"I know you're gonna miss your family" he admits and I nod.
"I've never spent Christmas without them. All this is foreign to me. But I don't wanna go back! "
"I know! You want to prove them wrong" Jake says and I nod.
"Nothing is going to happen! We would go and come back next year! I promise you"

I give him a small smile.
"I'm sure you are overwhelmed" I suggest and he grins.
"Of course. I can't wait to see Jessica and my mom. I miss them so much"
"Have you thought of how your mom would react when she sees your dad?"
"Yeah. Like a hundred times"
"So how would she react?"
"I don't know. My mom is unpredictable when it comes to reactions but I know her reactions would be mixed. Sorrow, bitterness, anger, love, yeah"

"Do you think she would listen to him?"
"Maybe she wouldn't because I wasn't prepared to listen to him until you reported me"
I chuckle at the memory.
"Your picture was all over the city. You became a celebrity" I mock him and he glares at me pointedly making me laugh hard at him.

"I need to tell my dad you were the mysterious lady who reported me and you didn't accept the reward"
"I don't think its necessary for you to tell him"
"I am gonna tell him!"
I roll my eyes in annoyance.
"Well I can't wait to meet your mom and Jessica" I confess honestly and he grins.
"Jessica would be so delirious to see you!"

A yawn escapes my lips and Jake chuckles. I glance over at Aaron who was sleeping in the small bed we created for it and it was fast asleep.
"Good night Aaron" I say and close my eyes.
"Have you forgotten this buddy?" I hear Jake ask and I look up to see him holding Boomer in his strong arms.

"Oh how cute?" I coo and take the fluffy teddy bear from him. I go back to my previous position and hug the bear tight. Later I felt someone peck my cheek.

"Good night Nikki. I love you"

💖💖🌌
I drag my suitcase to the hall and check my stuff one more time. Everything was here! Great. Jake was packing the rest of his things. I still can't believe I'm leaving with the Winters to England. Today is the day! 22nd December!