Chapter 60:

I slipped my headphones back on the moment Chemistry class came to an end and Aaron and I parted ways. I have Literature next. I'm currently walking down the hallway listening to the chorus of without me which was interrupted by Aaron not too long ago.

Most of the girls wave me and I wave back. Since the incident with Kate in the morning, I've been getting a lot of fans and I feel like a star. So far, I haven't been called to the principal's office and I haven't seen Kate either.

I file into the Literature Classroom and its half filled. I spot Jake among the students with Caden sitting at the back. Caden glowers at me as I walk by and Jake has red headphones in his ear now. I guess he copied my style. Loser.

I spot Claire and Melissa sitting in front so I go and sit behind them taking off the headphones yet again.
"What's with the headphones?" Melissa asks looking at her nails which she had painted red matching her hair colour.
"Just ignoring some unimportant people" I snort dumping my literature books on the table and Melissa chuckles.
"Unimportant people you mean? Like Kate?" Claire asks and I nod stiffly.

She giggles
"I saw the incident. I even have pictures of it" Claire says showing me the pictures on her phone.
I chuckle.
"Looks like she was having a Pepsi shower" I compliment and Claire chuckles.

"Girl, you have a bad temper!" Melissa compliments and I chuckle.
"I guess so but she deserved it anyways" I tell them.
"I heard you went on a date with Aaron Saturday night" Melissa spits and a pit of fire forms in my stomach.

"Yes....its true. Who told you?"
"Claire" Melissa says simply and I glower at her.
"Sorry! I just have a big mouth" she says tucking a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.
"Melissa its not what you think" I begin.

"Relax Nikki! Aaron and I weren't an actual couple. Even though I like him so much but he seems to like you more so" Melissa says with a shrug and a tinge of hurt in her voice.

"Do you like him too?" She asks without looking at me.
"Well....I...." I trail off.
"I do. He is such a good person" I find myself saying.
Melissa chuckles. "Yeah he is! You are so lucky Nicole to have him! Just keep him well" she says and I see tears brimmed in her eyes. I swallow hard and nod.

"Good afternoon students!" Our teacher announces and class begins. I steal a few glances at Jake. He wasn't looking at me. He was just looking at the teacher and I decide not to look at him again.

"So we will just continue with where we left off the last time on Shakespeare's Alls well that ends well" Our teacher says and I'm glad cause its one of my favourites. I have read it like a thousand times and I know the story line so well.

"So I would like to ask just five questions on the story" Our teacher says clearing her throat a bit and I listen.
"Do you think Bertram could have loved Helena back?"she asks.
Melissa raises her hand and she is called.

" well it was said in the story that Helena loved Bertram but he couldn't return his love for her. But I think he could have at least tried and see if he could"Melissa spits and I smile. It kind of relates to the story of Jake and I. He should have just tried but no! He wouldn't forget about that girl.

"Thank you Miss De Broglie. You may sit"
Melissa plants her butt on the chair.
"Any other views or opinions?"
"Yes Caden"
I swallow hard.

"I don't think he could have tried because he fell in love with Diana. There was no way he could have loved Helena and there was no way they could be together!" Caden spits and I feel my heart leak.

"Thank you Caden"

"Any one else?"

"I object to Caden's point because it was made clear at the end of the story that Helena and Bertram got back together and they fell in love with each other" a nerdy girl says at the back.