Chapter 70:

"What truth Nikki?" Aaron asks confused with tears flooding his green irises.
"Aaron I...I didn't mean to hurt you this way but I..." I trail off.
"Enough Nicole! You have been playing with me all along" Aaron says and it pricks my heart.
"No its not that"
"Then What? I should have known! I fucking caught you making out with him!" Aaron yells at me and I shudder.

I can still feel Aaron's pain as I sit in my bedroom thinking. I wipe the tears on my face. I hurt my best friend.

"Look Aaron! I love Nikki and she loves me! What's the big deal? Just stop acting like you are about to have a heart attack" Jake spits and I glare at him.

"You swine!" Aaron yells and tries to attack him but I stop him yet again.

"Leave me alone Nikki! Don't come near me again! You hurt me!!! I was willing to fight for your love but you let me down! You deceived me" Aaron says with hurt evident in his voice. Then he walked away. I called him back with tears running down my cheeks. It hurts me that I hurt him.

"Leave him alone! He would get over it" Jake tells me.
"Why did you tell him that?" I scold
"Damn he needs to know! He was being too dramatic"
"He loves me Jake! And he is hurt!!"
"I know! But he will be alright! We are finally together"

"How can you be so insensitive?"
"I'm not! I'm just stating the obvious! I promise I'll talk to him"
Jake convinces and he hugs me as I cry into his shoulder.

I pick up my phone and try calling Aaron again but he doesn't pick up. I've called him like twenty times but he doesn't want to pick up. I only got his voicemail.

"Hey its Aaron! I'm sorry but my phone is out of coverage area right now so please record your message and I'll get back to you" it said when I called the twenty fifth time. Hearing his voice alone hurts me. I hurt him. I knew I would! Why didn't I stay with him?

"Nikki?" Trina says at the doorway. I didn't notice she was there. She walks towards me. I told her what happened yesterday and she feels sorry for Aaron too.

"Has he finally answered?" She asks and I shake my head.
"I didn't want him to find out that way" Trina admits.
"Me too Trina!"
"Well I think yesternight was really a bad night cause there was a road accident on the highway. It was between  a black Toyota land cruiser and a double decker bus" Trina rattles as she pats me to comfort me.

"They said the guy in the Toyota land cruiser was wearing a Captain America outfit" Trina says and I get up.

"Oh my God Trina! It could be Aaron! He was wearing that outfit"

"No I don't think so! What if its another guy?"

"I don't think its another guy"

My phone rings and I hope its Aaron but its Danny instead.
"Nikki! Aaron had an accident" he says as soon as I pick up.
"What? So where is he?"
"They are taking him to a hospital nearby! I'm on my way there"
"I'll come with you! See you there"
I hang up and I'm horrified. Aaron got into that accident. Because of me! I'm sure he was drunk!

"What did they tell you?" Trina asks me
"It was Aaron! He was in that accident! I gotta go! Look after puppy"
"No! I'm coming with you"

Trina and I leave. My little puppy was left all alone. Mom and dad were in the hall listening to the news on the accident.
"Mom dad! Aaron had an accident" I tell them.
They are astounded.
"I'm heading to the hospital" I tell them.
"We will go with you"Dad says and they follow me and Trina.

I call Jake and tell him Aaron is at the hospital and he tells me he will be there.
" I hope nothing happens to him sweetheart! He was such a nice kid and he was your boyfriend "Dad says as he drives on the road.