Chapter 3:

I get down from the cab and pay the driver off. Then I walk into the mall. There are many people here as always and I've caught most of their attention especially the guys but I don't give a shit. I walk confidently.

My shades always makes me look hot. I stride towards the clothes area. I look through to find my taste.

I spot a black top with "Bad Girl" written in white block letters on it. I pick it. Then I spot some blue shorts and I pick them too. I needed some new collection in my closet. Then I remembered I need a dress for tomorrow's party. I spot a black dress with one sleeve. It wasn't so long but it was beautiful. I picked it up. At least it will match with my black boots.

I picked a few sneakers and went to the cashier to pay.
"How much do they cost?" I ask her.
"500 dollars" she spits.
Fuck! I had only 300 dollars on me. My heart was pounding against my ribcage. I should have taken mom's credit card.
"Here" a guy says handing an amount of money to the cashier.

"Its been paid beautiful" he says and smiles at me.
How did he know I needed help?
He had blond hair and grey eyes. He was a bit taller than me and I could see his abs through his shirt. He had tattoos on his neck and arms.

"Ummm....no! Don't do this! I was about to pay" I say even though I was happy inside but I can't let a total stranger pay for me.

"Its okay! I've paid for you" he says with a smile.
I exhale heavily.
"Well, thanks" I finally say and grab my things and receipt. Then I stride towards the exit.

I stood by the roadside for a cab but none was coming. I sighed out of frustration.
A black Range Rover came to park in front of me. The window goes down and the face of the guy who paid for my things appeared again.
You've gotta be kidding me!

"Need a ride home?" He asks.
"Well, no I'm fine" I say.
"You sure?"
Okay what are you doing Nikki! There's a guy who wants to give you a ride right in front of you and you still want to take a cab which isn't coming! My subconscious mind reminds.

"Okay fine!" I say defeated and hop into the passenger seat. I put on my seat belt and he drove off.
I liked the smell of his cologne. It was so refreshing and soothing.

I look at the time on my phone. Its 2:30pm. Mom will still be at work and Trina will still be in school.

"What's your name?" The guy asks and my heart leaps into my throat.
"Nikki" I say
He smiles. "I'm Jake"

"Why did you pay for my things Jake?" I ask.
He chuckles.
"I just felt like paying! Its a normal thing I do for people"

I smile. He was so nice.
The ride is smooth and the air conditioning in the car is heavy. I think I'm going to freeze any moment.

"And why did you give me the ride Jake?" I ask again curious. I wanted to know this stranger.
"You like asking questions Nikki!" Jake says and I chuckle.
"Well I saw that you needed one" He replies in his bass tone.

"Oh really?" I say.
He smiles. "Yeah" he says.
I smile.
"Nice dimples" he compliments and I blush.
"Thank you" I say.

"So, where are you going?" Jake asks.
"Home" I reply as if obvious.
"I am going to get a haircut! Do you mind waiting in the car?" He asks.

"Sure! No prob" I reply and he parks at a salon.
"I'll be back " he says and gets down.
I sigh. I look out of the window and I see a coffee shop. Then I spot my dad. His dark hair looks gelled up and he was wearing a casual polo shirt and blue jeans. A lady was walking alongside. She was a brunette. She was wearing a skimpy dress. What the fuck?

He stops by and they both sit down and they begin to talk. Isn't he supposed to be in Europe? On a business trip as he claims? So he has been cheating on mom all along! I clench my fists at my side. My blood was boiling. The lady talks flirtatiously and batts her eyelashes. I feel disgusted. I take off my shades.