Chapter 18:

"So are you and Kate kind of friends now or something?" I ask to break the awkward silence in the car. It makes me feel nervous in a way.
"Well we became friends recently" Jake replies simply.

"Have you met each other anywhere else apart from school?"I ask trying to refer to what I saw at the party.
" yeah! I saw her at a party Troy invited me to"Jake answers and I'm shocked. He was really honest.

"She got drunk and I had to take her home! I couldn't leave her to pass out on the floor so I didn't spend much time there" Jake says.

"Oh" I say. He was telling the truth.
"Were you there? At the party?" Jake asks me and I swallow hard.
"Yes I was! But I didn't know you would be coming" I point out.
He chuckles
"I didn't know you would be there either" he replies and looks at my face with a smile.
I feel better now! The awkward silence is gone.

"Troy throws a party every Saturday night and so we can meet at the party this Saturday and hang out that Sunday after the party" I suggest.
"That's a great idea. But we will meet more often in school after your suspension" Jake says.

I nod in agreement.
"But I don't like the idea of you being an alpha!" Jake says.
"What?!" I yell.
"I didn't mean anything bad but being an alpha entails a lot! You always get into trouble" He explains.
"Cut the crap Jake! Its my life! Not yours" I explain to him

"I've been in a gang before! I know what I'm talking about Nikki" He says.
"So what?" I reply.
"Its dangerous" Jake yells and I clench my hands.

"Are you dictating my life for me now?" I ask completely annoyed. We were heading towards my house now.
"No! I'm not! But damn  it Nikki an Alpha? You went too far" Jake says.
He parks his car in front of my house.
"Its not a big deal! Anyone can become an alpha!" I yell at him.

"My problem is you being the alpha! You can't! I know you Nicole!"
"You know absolutely nothing about me!" I yell at him and get out.
"Nikki I'm just caring about you" he says and I slam the car door.

I enter my house before he could chase me here and continue  to underestimate me of being an  Alpha. I know my face is red with anger.

"How'd it go with your friend?" Trina says the moment I enter. I hold my  finger and climb the stairs to my bedroom.
I entered my bedroom and slammed the door
I've never been so insulted in my life! How dare he? I'm an alpha so what?
"Is everything alright? What happened? You look pissed" Trina says at the doorway.
"Not now Trina! I'm not in a good mood" I yell at her.
After helping him solve his problems, he decides to treat me this way! He's gonna pay! My phone rings.
I look at the caller ID and its Jake alright. I let it ring go to the end.
"Won't you pick up? Its Jake" Trina says.
"Trina would you leave me alone! I'm upset right now" I yell at her
"I'm not leaving until you tell me what the fuck happened" she yells back.
"Its my business! Not yours!" I yell back.
"I don't care! I can't leave you like this!" She yells back
The phone rings again and its the jerk again.
"If you don't tell me anything am gonna pick up and ask Jake himself" Trina threatens and takes the phone.
"Don't even dare!" I reply and try to snatch the phone from her but she dodges.
"Are you telling me or what?" She yells back.
I sigh heavily. She's so stubborn!
The phone stops ringing.

"Okay I'll tell you! But first gimme the phone" I say but she  doesn't
I sigh and leave the phone with her.
I tell her everything that happened today and she was happy when I told her Jake and I kissed but was disappointed at how things ended today.

"I think you overreacted Nicole! The guy is just caring about you! Its not a big deal and he's right with everything he said about being an alpha" Trina says.

"But he's trying to convince me to quit! I can't or else I've failed everyone! My gang, My friends! The fans" I tell her.

"Like seriously? You're afraid of failing? When you are endangering your life?" Trina spits. She was right.