Chapter 35:

My blood turns cold as I look at him. His jaw clenches when he sees me especially sitting by Alec.
"This is him! He's Jake" His dad introduces.
"Jake?" Alec blurts surprised.
"I can't believe it"
"You are my step brother?" He adds with his eyebrows furrowed.
I'm still speechless from the shock I just received. I turned him down tonight and later he finds out I came with Alec instead of him. My heart pounds against my ribcage. I suddenly regret for coming.

"Looks like it" Jake replies with a small smile.
"You two know each other?" His dad asks.
"Yes dad! He attends my school" Alec pipes up.
"Oh that's great! I really want you two to get along"
Alec smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes.
"Let's sit down and have a proper family dinner"his dad says and he makes his way to the dining table.
He sits at the opposite direction away from Alec and I

" Jake! I'm so happy you came for this special dinner! It means a lot to me"Alec's mom speaks up.
"Its my pleasure ma'am" Jake replies
"Don't call me ma'am, I prefer mom" she  says sweetly
"Okay mom" Jake replies and a huge smile appears on her wrinkled face.

"So Jake, since you know Alec already, lemme introduce the rest on this table" Alec's mom says.
Jake nods.
"This is Thomas, your brother" she says and points to him
"Hello" Thomas says with a huge beam and Jake waves him
"And this is Lucas, the youngest"
"Hey there!" Lucas says with a grin
Jake smiles
"And this is Alec's girlfriend, Nikki" she says and I nearly collapse. Jake's smile falters at this.

"Ummm....I know him already"I say
" oh"she says and sits. I try to avoid eye contact with Jake but I could feel his gaze on me. I feel like I'm going to melt any time soon with his hard gaze on me. I just wished the ground could open and swallow me whole.

"Alec! When did you get a girlfriend?" Jake's dad asks
Alec chuckles slightly.
"Anyway, Nice to meet you Nikki! You're very pretty" Jake's dad says and I smile gratefully

"Yeah she is! She and Alec will be so cute together" Alec's mom gushes and I see Jake shift slightly in his seat.
I wanted to tell her we were over but I considered what Alec told me. I'll explain things to Jake later. The servants serve us with Wild Alaskan Salmon, sushi, Salisbury Steaks and Meat loaf. We all begin to eat. The food was tasty.

"So Jake, where were you all this time?" Thomas asks as he fills his mouth.
"I was in England" Jake replies.
"England? Wow!" Thomas says fascinated.
"Can you take me there someday?"
"Sure Thomas"

"What about me? I really want to go there" Lucas says with a pout
"I would love to take you there too Lucas"
Lucas shrieks.

"So Jake, do you have a girlfriend yet?" Alec's mom spits.
Jake smiles.
"No I don't" he replies simply. My breath hitches in my throat.
"Oh you  don't?" Alec's mom asks surprised.
Jake shakes his head.

"Don't worry about that honey! I have someone in mind for him" His father says and I see Jake's eyes widen. No! He can't have someone else! Where did that come from? Am I jealous?

"Who father?" Jake asks
"Madison" he replies and Alec spits his drink back into the glass.
Madison? Who is Madison? Okay am confused right now.
"Oh no father! Not my former boss' daughter" Jake blurts.
"Son! Madison is a good girl! You'll love her" his father insists.

"But dad! Madison might have a boyfriend already" Alec says

"No she doesn't! Jake is perfect for her" His dad convinces
Alec's jaw clenches.
"I would like to meet this Madison" Alec's mom states.
Alec is quiet and so as his two brothers who have confused expressions on.

Jake sighs.
"My friend will be honoured to know that Madison's boyfriend is you" his father states and this time around I choke on my Salisbury steaks. I excuse myself to the washroom taking a whole glass of water until I'm okay.
I come out of the washroom to see Jake. I give him a small smile but he doesn't return it. His eyes blazing with anger.