Chapter 34:

Nicole POV
Four weeks later:

Its been four solid weeks without talking to the boys. When I mean boys, I mean Alec, Aaron and Jake. Well Jake has been calling but we haven't been out together like we used to do when we met. I was mostly at home studying or watching TV.

And now I associate with the girls more. Kimberly especially. She even came to visit and is currently downstairs talking with Trina. Its Saturday and am at home as usual. Not meeting any guy! I don't want to see those three! Trina's bracelet is still on my wrist. I really love it. I've worn it all week. It means so much to me.

My phone rings and its Alec. I frown. I haven't spoken to him for four weeks. I must admit I miss him but I don't wanna talk to him. He's the one who put me into this shit. But my subconscious mind reminds me that he was the one who saved my life that night. I sigh heavily and pick up.

"What?!" I drawl into the phone lazily whiles checking my nails which were now navy in colour.

"Nikki! I'm so glad you answered my call. I miss you! Your voice, your smile, your dimples...." He says but I cut him off.

"Go straight to the point Alec! Am not in the mood to listen to how much you've missed me" I snap.

He sighs
"I know you're still mad at me but I need you to do something for me" he states nervously

"I'm sorry but if its one of your games, count me out" I spit indifferently.

"No I swear! Its not! Its just that, its kind of related in a way" he spits and am confused.

"Okay! What is it?"

He exhales heavily.
"My mom wants you to join us for a family dinner tonight. She said its a special dinner so you would have to miss Troy's party" Alec states.

I wasn't planning to go to the party tonight but the dinner thing too has got me dumbfounded.

"A dinner? Didn't you tell your mom we are no more together?" I state pissed.

"Errr.....no" he replies sincerely and I huff.

"So are you coming?" He adds hopefully.

"I don't know! I'll think about it" I reply.
"If you would then, look pretty! And be there at eight. Bye" he says and hangs up.

I feel my heart swell. But I needed to think about this. I glance at the time on my phone and its 4:56pm. I have a few hours to go to think about this dinner. A part of me wants to go and another part of me doesn't want me to go.

Its just a dinner Nicole! For only one night! Nothing could possibly go wrong! My subconscious mind reminds.
But its a special dinner as he said! Maybe something could go wrong.
This is so confusing!

I finally decided to go so that I can tell Alec's mom personally that we are over! I get into my closet.
I pull out a burgundy tubular  dress which was knee length, a pair of maroon boots and a simple black clutch.

Okay so I'm wearing these! I sigh. I know its going to be difficult for Alec's mom but she has to understand.
My phone rings distracting me from my thoughts. I look at the caller ID and its Jake.

"Hey" I say in a low tone.
"Wow! Its a long time I heard that melodious voice of yours" he states and I smile.
"What's up Jake?" I ask going straight to the point.
"Errr....I need you to go to my father's house tonight! I'm meeting my step brothers and step mother! You said you wanted to meet them remember?" Jake spits and a lump forms in my throat. Jake and his father are really close now and he even works in his father's company. He's changed his  car for him and now Jake is living a life of luxury. I should be celebrating with him but I needed to attend Alec's dinner.