Chapter 19:

"Today's a new day! Its Monday. I woke up very early so that I can fulfil the promise I gave to Trina. Today's the day I'm going to give her a makeover and change her image in school. I'm so excited. I'm going to rummage through her closet.

I walk to her door still in my pyjamas. I knock and she answers telling me to come in.
I enter. Trina's room was all blue. Unlike my room which was all black and navy. Black was my favourite colour.
"Hey Nicole" she says coming out of the shower in a blue bathrobe.
"Are you ready for a makeover?" I ask her.
"Yes!" She exclaims and sits in front of her dresser.
I blow dry her brown hair and comb it. Then I use her curler to curl her hair and tie it into a high ponytail at her back leaving a few strands of curled hair at the left side of her face.
I walked to her closet and rummaged through her things. She was behind me.
"What about this skirt?" She asks me holding up a brown pleated skirt.
"Gosh Trina! This skirt is too plain" I say and yank it from her hands and throw it behind me.
"What about this one?" She asks and holds up a red straight dress with two pockets in front. It had no shape. I eyed it.
"Trina! This dress has no style! It looks like a potato sack!" I tell her and she laughs. I take the dress and throw it behind me. My sister doesn't have good taste!

"Let me choose the clothes here! Your suggestions aren't good enough!" I say and throw a pile of old fashioned clothes on the floor.

I finally settle on a green one sleeved top which shimmered in the light and a pair of white shorts and white sneakers.
"These are perfect!" I tell her and place the clothes on the bed.
"If I wear this, I would look naked Nicole" Trina grumbles.
I roll my eyes.
"The top is only one sleeved and the shorts aren't too short! They are actually knee length! Now try it" I say and she puts them on

"Wow Trina! You look cute" I compliment and she blushes.
She looks at herself in the mirror and gasps.
"I look different" she says pleased with her new look.
"One more thing" I say and grab her mascara and lip gloss.
I use the mascara on her eyelashes and lip gloss on her lips giving it a smooth pink colour and a shimmering effect matching her top.
Then I handed her a green bracelet and white earrings to wear.

She looks at the mirror and shrieks.
"Now I look totally different" she gushes and I chuckle.
"You look like some fashionista! Am sure all the guys would have a crush on you today" I say and she giggles.
"Thanks Nicole" she says.

"Trina! Let's go" Mom hollers from downstairs.
"Tell me what happened when you get back okay? Bye" I say and Trina leaves the room hurriedly with her black satchel.
"Wow Trina! You look wonderful" I hear mom gush from downstairs and I smile. I got Trina's clothes organized as they used to be in her closet and close it.
I come across a picture we took together when we were younger. We sat together wearing the same sweater,smiling toothily at the camera.

We were so young then but we loved each other so much. I had a copy of this picture but I don't know where I put it! I need to find it and keep it together with the ones I took with Jake yesterday.

I leave to my room and take a long shower. After my shower, I blew my hair dry and curled it with my curler.
Then I got into a simple red dress.

I looked for the picture of Trina and I and I found it in one of my drawers covered in dust. I placed them in front of my dresser and smiled at them. I deflate and look at the time.
It was 7:56am.

My phone rings and its a video call from Aaron. I pick up
"Hey Aaron!" I say.
"Good morning Nikki! Whoosh! You look stunning! Where are you going" Aaron says
"I don't know! I'm just bored here" I tell him honestly.
"Well you can go somewhere with me today! I want to miss school" Aaron says.
"Really? I would love that" I reply
"Danny will be joining us! He's been suspended too" Aaron says.
"I guess Mr Cartwright is behind it" I say
"Yes he is! But I think Danny went too far" Aaron replies