Chapter 43:

I take Alec's present last. He has a smile playing about his pink lips. That smile surely means something. What did he get me?
I open it to reveal a rose diamond necklace and I gasp. It was so gorgeous and am sure it will cost a fortune. My heart melts at the sight of it and try to handle it with care to prevent the precious jewel from falling.

"Its beautiful" I say holding it up. The cafeteria becomes noisy with full blown whispers.
"Would you like me to put it on you?" Alec asks
"Sure!" I say quickly. I wanted Kate to die of jealousy and Jake to be so mad. I giggle at the thought. Alec takes the necklace from me and walks behind me. He puts it around my neck and everyone coos in the cafeteria making me blush.

"Happy Birthday Buttercup" Alec says loudly and pecks my cheek before taking a seat.

I look at Kate and she is about to collapse. Jake too has his jaw tightly clenched and eyes narrowed at Alec. I just smile pleased.

"Thanks Alec! I love it! I'm sure it was very expensive" I say and he brushes it off.
"Nothing is too expensive when it comes to you Nikki" he says and I blush.

"Awww! So romantic!" Troy says and I chuckle.
"Alec! Can you teach me some of your romantic skills?" Troy asks and Alec laughs.
"Oh Troy! Okay I will" Alec says
"You will? Thank you!" Troy states and we all laugh.

"You haven't opened our presents yet Nikki" Jenna alerts.

"Yeah right!" I say. Alec's gift and his gesture a few minutes ago has got my brain mushed up. Jake and Kate looked like they were about to explode and it makes me feel on top like I have the upper hand now!

I take Jenna's present which was wrapped in purple and black. I take a deep breath and open it to find a Gucci tote.
"Oh my Gosh! Jenna this is beautiful!" I gush and she smiles proudly.
I look at the Gucci tote again.
"Thanks for the watch too" Jenna says and waves the watch in my face. It was around her wrist shimmering.

I take Melissa's present. It was surprisingly flat and I chuckle. Everything about Melissa is flat!
I open it and there's a coupon or voucher or something. I furrow my eyebrows. People are still whispering in the cafeteria and looking at my direction.

"What the fuck did you give her Melissa? A fucking cardboard?" Alec spits out of annoyance.

Melissa chuckles and straightens her red hair.
"I wish! But I had to get her that fucking voucher" she replies.

I read on it and its a thousand dollars voucher.
"A thousand dollars voucher? " I blurt unexpectedly and people are talking now.
"Yes hun! You can buy whatever you want today" Melissa says.
Alec chuckles.
"That's very generous of you Melissa" Alec taunts and ruffles her hair. She growls at him and he laughs.
I get up and hug her. I wasn't expecting this kind of gift from a sassy person like her!
I sit down and put the voucher in the Gucci tote.

"Now finally our presents!" Kimberly announces.
I take Claire's present. I open it to find a pair of cool shades.
"I love these shades! They are so dark and big" I say trying it on.
"Whoah Nikki! You look good" Danny gushes.
I take it off.
"Thanks Claire! I love them"
"I knew you would! You always wear them" Claire says with a shrug.

I smile in response and reach out for my last present from Kimberly.
"Why do you have to open my present last?"she grumbles.
" sorry baby"I reply.
"No! I'm just joking! Now open it!" Kimberly says and I open the small navy box. I gasp when I see what's inside.

"You bought me a watch?" I blurt without thinking. The watch had a few crystals on it and they sparkled in the light.

"You like it?" Kimberly asks.