Chapter 85:

Nicole POV
I feel a cold substance on my lips and I open my eyes to see Aaron in front of me.
"Good morning Aaron" I say lifting my weight off the bed and Aaron barks.
I look on the other side of the bed and it is empty. Jake didn't sleep beside me. Why didn't he? Is he still furious with me? I'm doing it for the benefit of my parents! He should understand. Maybe he is in the bathroom.

"Jake! Are you in the bathroom?" I holler but I get no response. I repeat the same sentence and there is nothing but silence. Is he playing hide and seek with me or what?

I climb out of bed lazily and go to the bathroom. I push the door and I'm astounded. It is vacant with no trace of Jake anywhere.  There are traces of water and I can smell his bathing gel's scent together with his shampoo. I think he got up early and took a shower. Maybe he is in the hall. I quickly go to the hall.
"Jake!" I call becoming anxious now. The hall was also empty with no sign of him.
Aaron barks.
"Jake! Are you in here?" I call but there is no reply. Where is he? I hope he didn't go to get my parents because that will make me extremely mad. His words yesterday resurface.

"I know what you are feeling right now! That was the same rebellious feeling I had against my father! But you helped me conquer it and now, I'm going to help you conquer yours"

I heave a sigh of frustration and quickly call him with my phone. I hear it ring in the kitchen and I go straight for it. It was on the counter with a paper under. He left his phone here. What did he write on the paper? I pick it up and read.

I made you breakfast. I'm sorry I had to leave so early but I've got some matters to attend to. I'll be back soon.

What matters? I have a feeling in my gut that he is bringing my parents here to talk to me! I march to the dining hall and spot the breakfast he prepared me. Tuna Casserole! But I'm not in the mood to eat! I feel my stomach churn as I continue to think of Jake's whereabouts. Maybe I should just go somewhere so that when they come, they wouldn't see me.

I contemplated on what to do. I'll just go to the cemetery to visit Aaron's grave for the last time before we leave tomorrow! But that will be after I have taken a proper shower and eaten Jake's breakfast. I trudge back into Jake's bedroom and take a short hot bath because I don't want my parents to come and meet me here, in case  Jake is bringing them here just to spite me. I got into a pair of  denim jeans and a simple red blouse. I just combed my hair and tied it into a bun. Then I slipped on my winter boots. I wore my mittens and tied a scarf around my head. Then I added my turtleneck sweater which was in primary colours.

I strut out of the room back into the dining hall and eat the tuna casserole quickly. Then I quickly headed for the sink and washed the porcelain plate. I got back into the hall and just as I was about to grab my phone, the door creaks open and Jake walks in. My heart skips a beat. I was relieved to see that my parents were not with him but he has that evil infamous smirk on and I feel like maybe they are around here somewhere.

"Where did you go to? What kind of matters did you have to attend to?"
He chuckles in amusement.
"Lot of matters" he replies with a shrug and slumps in one of the couches.

"Did you go to see my parents?" I ask anxiously as I watch him rub his forehead lightly.
"Maybe" he says with a small smile and I scoff.
"Jake! What did you do?" I enquire panicking now.
"Calm down love" he says in a taunting tone and flashes me a huge grin but I don't return it.

"What did you do?" I repeat the question and I feel my blood heat up. Jake chuckles in response and I narrow my eyes at him.
"Nicole! Oh Thank God" I hear a familiar voice say and in walks my mom. I'm rooted to the spot as I watch her wide eyed whiles she strode towards me with her arms spread out. She hugs me but I don't hug back.