Chapter 45:

Alec was such a perfect dancer. I felt so lucky with him. He cracked a few jokes making me laugh throughout forgetting about Jake.

"So did you tell your parents about Madison's you know condition" I ask and his face falls
"No" he replies simply.
"When are you telling them?" I ask him.
"I don't know Nikki! Honestly" he replies.

"If you need my help, I'm here for you" I say with a small smile
He smiles back.
"Thanks Nikki"
We continue to dance in silence until I spot Jake and Kate dancing too. Jake was glaring at Alec and I.
Something about Kate's hair was different. It was now, ginger red?

"Kate has gone back to her original hair colour" Alec confirms my suspicions.
"She has ginger red hair?" I ask surprised
"Yeah." Alec shrugs

I shrug too and look at them again
They were laughing. I huff and concentrate on Alec. After sometime, we go back to our table.

"You guys are finally back" Melissa snorts.
"Aaron and I didn't take that long "she adds and Aaron smiles coyly

" sorry Melissa "Alec taunts with a chuckle
I noticed something. Trina wasn't here.
" where is Trina?"I ask anxiously
"She said she's going to get some water" Claire answers

"You guys made her go alone?" I ask worried
"Come on Nikki! She's old enough to take care of herself" Melissa spits and my blood boils
"How long has she been gone?" I ask them quite irritated now.

"Errrr....." Claire trails off.
"I think it will be like ten minutes ago" Troy says with a shrug

"Ten minutes?" I yell and get up.
"Where are you going?" Kimberly asks.
"I need to find Trina! She has taken too long" I yell.
"I'm going with you" Alec adds and Aaron gets up too.

"Me too" Troy says and Kimberly follows. Everyone on the table gets up except Melissa.

"Won't you go with us Melissa?" Jenna asks disappointed.
"You guys are behaving like a bunch of freaks! Maybe she's having fun somewhere and you guys are making a big deal out of it! Just because she disappeared for ten minutes" Melissa says

"How can you say that Melissa? Trina isn't the kind of person who freaks around at parties" Aaron spits.

"Let's just leave her alone! We are wasting time! Trina needs us" Alec says annoyed and we all plan. We finally decide to split up and look for her.

"Good luck freaks" Melissa waves us and sits there.
"How can you be so cold?" Kimberly asks astonished. I was too shocked to speak.
"Hey! I'm also being a good person here! I'm  staying to see if Nikki's good old sister would return" Melissa spits and Kimberly huffs.

"Let's get going guys" Troy alerts and we all split up in search of Trina.

💜💜💜
I went to the kitchen first in search of her but she wasn't there. I went to our meeting area next and she wasn't there either. I began to get worried. I checked the parking lot and the pool side. She was no where.

"Trina!" I yell her name out but its useless. The music drowns my shouts. I walk around searching frantically completely ignoring  the party going on.

I bump into Alec on the stairs leading to some rooms.
"Have you found her yet?" He asks me
"No" I reply worriedly
He sighs.
"Try calling her" he suggests
"Good idea" I say and dial her number.
It rings and ends.
"She didn't pick up" I say losing hope.
"Try again" Alec urges and I try again but it ends in the same manner making me feel she's in danger. Trina always answers her phone no matter what!

"Let's check the rooms!" I suggest and Alec nods.
Alec and I check the first two rooms and its empty.
The third room was full of teens and the fourth room was occupied as well.