Chapter 49:

Nicole POV:

"So what triggered the fight between you two?" I ask knowing it could be because of me. Who else?

Alec sighs deeply and avoids eye contact with me

"I told him to stop bothering you after eavesdropping on his conversation and he got mad saying that he does whatever he wants to do. And that's how it started I guess"

"I'm gonna teach that bastard a lesson for laying his filthy hands on you"
Alec grabs my hand.
"Don't go!" He commands but I wriggle out of his grasp and walk quickly as he chases me.

"You don't deserve this" I yell at him.

"Nikki no! He would take advantage of that!" Alec warns.
"I don't care!" I holler and spot Jake walking with Kate. The twins and the blue haired girl were no where in sight.

I strode towards Jake and Kate.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I yell at him and shove him but he doesn't fall. I realise he also has a purple eye and his knuckles are busted.

He chuckles at my reaction.
"Get back you slut!" Kate yells and shoves me too.
"Leave her alone Kate! Let her speak" Jake says with a smirk.
"You are so callous! I hate you!" I yell at him and hit his chest so hard.

His jaw clenches
"Oh is it because he beat up Prince Charming?" Kate taunts with a smirk.

"I can't believe you beat up your own brother! You are a scumbag! I regret ever knowing you! "

He remains quiet as I continue to yell at him.
"You are the worst thing that has ever happened to me! I HATE YOU!!!"

"Never lay your filthy hands on Alec again!!!"

His grey irises grow dark but he chuckles and I am perplexed. I thought I had wounded him with all that I've said.
"This is  how you treat someone who saved your sister from being raped?" Jake says and my face falls but I quickly retaliate.

"And this is how you treat someone who has done nothing but good to you"

He is angry now.
"Kate! Can you leave us alone?"
"Okay" Kate replies reluctantly and glares at me before leaving.
Jake grabs my arm forcefully.
"You drive me crazy you know!" He spits.

"Let go of me!"I yell at him and he leaves my hand.
" you drive me crazy too!"
"I know you saved my sister and am grateful for that but what you are doing is unfair! It hurts me! The truth is, Alec and I were in a fake relationship and we are over now because something came up!"

"Don't lie to me again Nicole!"

"I'm not lying to you! Its the exact truth! I wanted to tell you that night but you were not prepared to listen"

Jake looks appalled. He doesn't utter a word.
"Now you know the truth."

"Why were you two in a fake relationship? Why didn't you tell me about it?" Jake asks curiously.

"Cause it was complicated but he did it for his mother."

Jake looks convinced but he is doubtful at the same time.
"It still doesn't make sense Nikki! Cause you stood me up for him! Do you know how it hurt me? Do you know how I felt? Do you know how my heart bled? I hated my brother because of that! And you didn't confide in me Nikki!"

"I know and I'm sorry! But what you're doing now is pointless! Trying to overthrow me by setting traps for me"

Jake sighs heavily.
"I'm still hurt cause you stood me up on my special night! The night I got to meet my stepbrothers and stepmother! I needed you but you left me for him! And that alone angers me"