Chapter 29:

Jake comes to our table and I see Aaron's jaw clench. Alec looks surprised as well but Troy and Kimberly were  relaxed

"Can I join you guys?" He asks looking at me
I nod and he sits beside Kimberley. I was in between Alec and Aaron. Jake glares at Alec before eating his peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Alec just shrugs and eats his Bagel and Lox. The table is oddly silent since Jake joined. Aaron looked uncomfortable with his presence but the rest were cool.
I feel something on my  left hand and I see Alec drawing circles on it.
He smiles at me. I smile back for his gesture.

I look at Jake and he looks at Alec with a death glare. Aaron just studied what was going on along with Troy and Kimberly.
Kimberly coughs dramatically and Troy chuckles.

I look back at my plate and the rest of the hotdogs are gone. What?
I look at Aaron. He was busy filling his mouth with food. I look at Jake and he's not done with his food
My gaze shifts to Alec who was done and was chewing a hotdog! My hotdog! His gaze was on his phone but I think he sensed my glare and looked at me with a guilty smile.

"Did you steal my hotdogs Alec?" I spit.
"Of course not Nikki! Its Aaron! I saw him stealing them" Alec says in his cheerful bass voice.
"I didn't steal any hotdogs Alec!" Aaron defends and I know he isn't lying.

"Alec!" I yell and he chuckles.
"I took only two" he admits and I smile.
"Idiot" I yell and he laughs.
Jake glares at us whiles the others laugh it off. What's up with him?

"Kimberly and I would be leaving" Troy speaks up and they leave done with their food leaving me with Alec, Aaron and Jake.

Alec feels uncomfortable.
"I'll be leaving Nikki! Thanks for the hotdogs though" Alec says with a wink before leaving our table.
"I'll be going too" Aaron says and follows Alec out of the cafeteria.

I don't know but I think Jake's cold behaviour scared Alec and everyone away! What's going on with him? Giving Alec death glares and everything! Alec is a nice a guy!

"Why are you so quiet?" Jake finally spoke up.
"What's wrong with you?" I spit out of the blue and Jake is caught off guard.

He chuckles slightly.
"What's up Nikki?" He asks.
"I mean you're behaving like some possessive jackass! Do you think I haven't been watching you? Since you met Alec, you have been giving him a cold shoulder and I know you scared him out of here right now"I blabber.

Jake sighs.
" I don't like him Nikki! Something about him puts me off! He looks cunning"he replies and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Just admit it Jake! You are jealous of him! Is it because of what happened at calculus class?" I spit and his jaw clenches.

"Maybe I might be jealous because he seems to be winning your attention lately and he's so fucking good in calculus and......" Jake trails off

"And..." I urge him to continue.
"He's the star player of the school and he's good looking too! Am afraid he will take you away from me" he finishes off staring at his fingers. I place my hand on his and he looks at me.

"I must admit you sound like a possessive scumbag" I say and he chuckles slightly.
"But....I promise you that Alec wouldn't take me away from you! We are just friends!" I say assuredly.

Jake smiles.
"I hope because he looks like he has something up his sleeve" He spits and I roll my eyes at him.
"I don't think so" I say even though I didn't know him very well, he seemed to be a good person.

Jake nods.
"Oh how wonderful! Are you having a date in the cafeteria?" A voice spits and I know its Kate.

She was standing there with her minions. I remain quiet reminding myself not to get in trouble! She was only tempting me.